Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not dead yet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just bumping this as I see all the videos are marked with a "Will be removed June 1st" note now. So watch them while you can :) Wonder why he's taking them down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just bumping this as I see all the videos are marked with a "Will be removed June 1st" note now. So watch them while you can :) Wonder why he's taking them down?

.... and they're gone. For the second time. Not sure why he keeps changing his mind. Glad I was able to download a few of the good ones between Mongolia and Russia before they disappeared anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

LLU wrote: »
    .... and they're gone. For the second time. Not sure why he keeps changing his mind. Glad I was able to download a few of the good ones between Mongolia and Russia before they disappeared anyway.

Did same, got all of them, will post them back up on Youtube next week :D

Only joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Really annoyed. Never realised they were to be removed so only got to watch as far as the first Mongolia video. Was really enjoying it.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

luckily i spent an evening downloading them, really enjoyed them,
    he has them set to private now, pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cienciano wrote: »
    Have you tried the adventure rider forum?
    http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=100971

He'll probably post up on his thread why the videos were taken down
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870156&page=16

Actually I did send him a message a few weeks ago but no reply.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I downloaded them all too, the first time they were removed I just wasn't taking any chances after that. They're getting plonked onto my HTPC right beside, Long Way Round, Long Way Down, Race To Dakar and By Any Means 1 & 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

Just incase anyone is interested, Oisin was a huge inspiration into our trip this July. We watched all his videos and read his first book. What a legend.

We are driving to Mongolia in 4 weeks time. We are not however taking 1200s. Instead we opted for Honda c90s. It is going to take us 6-7weeks to complete and will be taking the southern route through Iran and all the stans.

give us an ole like on facebook or twitter or just have a gander at the website if you have time.

Cheers,

The Nomadic 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Just incase anyone is interested, Oisin was a huge inspiration into our trip this July. We watched all his videos and read his first book. What a legend.

We are driving to Mongolia in 4 weeks time. We are not however taking 1200s. Instead we opted for Honda c90s. It is going to take us 6-7weeks to complete and will be taking the southern route through Iran and all the stans.

give us an ole like on facebook or twitter or just have a gander at the website if you have time.

Cheers,

The Nomadic 90s

Are them bikes for real!

Have to follow this, make sure you have photos inside and outside a Yurt for proof of arrival in Mongolia. Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Cheers,

The Nomadic 90s

Madness , but the good kind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers,

The Nomadic 90s

I liked your FB page, I'm really looking forward to following this one.. Bon Voyage 'The Nomandic 90's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Cheers,

The Nomadic 90s

Good luck with that, gonna be following you with some interest. Planning my own little trip to Mongolia for 2015, bike is undecided as yet but could be a Deauville :) And doing it, like yourselves, for charity. Just getting things sorted

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you missed any of these videos the first time round, they're back up again here:
    http://vimeo.com/user19479624

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

If you missed any of these videos the first time round, they're back up again here:

Oh you little beaut you. Missed the last three ones on youtube. Fair fecks ta ya.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

That's grand, there's my Sunday evening entertainment sorted with a few episodes. Wonder is it his own account or somebody else who copied them from YouTube last time.

They were put up a couple of months ago according to the dates. But I downloaded the ones i was missing anyway, just in case!

YOU ARE A DIAMOND!.

I've seen the whole series and had told so many people about it then it was taken down.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Just from the username I doubt its his own account so it probably won't be up long.

Thought when I saw the thread bumped it meant there was a DVD set available for Christmas. I'd buy it.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Just from the username I doubt its his own account so it probably won't be up long.

Thought when I saw the thread bumped it meant there was a DVD set available for Christmas. I'd buy it.

It's not Oisin, it's "a fan" apparently. I have them all downloaded anyway, so they'll always be available ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

It's not Oisin, it's "a fan" apparently. I have them all downloaded anyway, so they'll always be available ;)
    I will remember that for future reference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Not sure if he is going to release it again with different editing

^^The new production is looking way smart, I'm looking forward to following him all over again :)

He's back! I wonder if that's why he removed the originals, wasn't happy with the editing for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Looks good, seems like any new videos might include the Pan American trip too

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

I've just finished the first series and would love to see the pan american trip too. Great videos to watch. Seems like a genuine fella too.

Anyone have his books?

I've just finished the first series and would love to see the pan american trip too. Great videos to watch. Seems like a genuine fella too.

Anyone have his books?

I read the america book. It's very good, probably better than the videos because he spends more time writing down what's going through his mind, and describing the situations he's in. He starts off from never riding a bike to arriving in toronto with something like 4000km under his belt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's fond of the loud music that almost completely drowns out what people are saying

--edit

"the ural fairly decent sized hills" lol

he's fond of the loud music that almost completely drowns out what people are sayingl

God damn I hate when the elderly complain about loud music :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

There's now two new videos Britain and France, probably re-edits of the originals on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwLW2IWJq4FES_no7MmpkjA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

He's doing an event in Celbridge for charity on Sep 12 which might interest a few oisin.jpg

Advertisement