Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not dead yet..

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

What ever came of the videos does anyone know?

I only got to the part where he shipped the bike across one of the Asian countries... Anyone have them downloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

jameshayes wrote: »

I only got to the part where he shipped the bike across one of the Asian countries... Anyone have them downloaded?

I dunno. He had them all on youtube, removed them, added them back and removed them again. Then he started reposting reedited versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This guy has them on Vimeo
    http://vimeo.com/user19479624/videos/sort:date/format:thumbnail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cienciano wrote: »

How many megabytes would each episode be do you reckon?
    I only have a dongle and I don't want to get carried away watching this!
    Went over one time and got a bill for €170..:(

blade1 wrote: »

I just downloaded them all incase they're removed - total was 5GB - streaming would be less than that, but I'm sure you wouldn't be long going over a 1gb allowance..

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »

I have them at 9gb! I have a few downloaded from vimeo and they're smaller, longest one is 35 minutes and it's 180mb, most of them are around 125mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Why am I just hearing about this now...?

Like he said it just takes a spark.....

I started watching again from the start.. It's a great show he's put together..

Its making me want to try something myself, not to his scale but maybe just Paris and back maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I just downloaded them all incase they're removed - total was 5GB - streaming would be less than that, but I'm sure you wouldn't be long going over a 1gb allowance..
    Cienciano wrote: »
    I have them at 9gb! I have a few downloaded from vimeo and they're smaller, longest one is 35 minutes and it's 180mb, most of them are around 125mb.

I took them off YT when they were still up, & took them down in HQ/HD. Have the lot coming in at 30 odd gigs :eek:

Myrddin wrote: »
    I took them off YT when they were still up, & took them down in HQ/HD. Have the lot coming in at 30 odd gigs :eek:

That's big. I have 180 episodes of seinfeld that size!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's a mental size D/L

Freemake's Video Downloader's your only man for such shenanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DLMA23 wrote: »
    That's a mental size D/L

Freemake's Video Downloader's your only man for such shenanigans

I wanted them in the best quality available, and have the space (6TB HTPC)...so not too pushed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Looks like he has a book coming out. Hopefully he will also do a weekly video episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I started watching again from the start.. It's a great show he's put together..

Its making me want to try something myself, not to his scale but maybe just Paris and back maybe..

Makes me wonder why I didnt try something like this years ago, time passes quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

He does make it look easy, all the wonderful things and all the bad stuff edited out. The logistics and the financial cost must be huge....I mean I did six countries in 5 days in Europe and I was in bits when I got home. He seems like such a nice guy....thats what makes it worth watching for me. No bull**** just him and the open road.

Anybody know if this is new footage? Its been so long im not sure if ive seen it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Anybody know if this is new footage? Its been so long im not sure if ive seen it already

He has started to upload videos from South America now. There's one from panama, Bolivia and that one from Colombia you've linked. He's also reedited some of the original ones but not sure how much new footage is on them.
    Fair play to him for sticking at it, must take some time to do all the editing. Great viewing all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

jvan wrote: »
    He has started to upload videos from South America now. There's one from panama, Bolivia and that one from Colombia you've linked. He's also reedited some of the original ones but not sure how much new footage is on them.
    Fair play to him for sticking at it, must take some time to do all the editing. Great viewing all the same.

Yeah originally there were 33 videos, now Mongolia is number 40. Must get busy and look at the south American stuff.

Ive stumbled across this fella

I havent watched any yet but I will soon. He does a world trip on a sports bike. Its a few years old but could be worth a watch to pass the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ive stumbled across this fella

I havent watched any yet but I will soon. He does a world trip on a sports bike. Its a few years old but could be worth a watch to pass the time.

I came across him awhile back but found his video's hard to follow.

• Advertisement

After watching the first 3 parts I agree with you mak. It's not edited great and lacks actual footage on the motorcycle. I'll check it some of his more recent videos. Perhaps he got better at the old vblog since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Phil Collins has only gone and robbed Oisin's title!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Oodoov

I came across him awhile back but found his video's hard to follow.

Thanks for this. Just finished watching them and found it entertaining, That crash in Japan just goes to show even for an experienced rider it's plain silly trying to play catch up on roads you don't know on a bike that powerful or any bike for that matter.

Advertisement