Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Tool Repair Cork

Options
  • 19-03-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just broke my garden fork. I can get a new one in Lidl for €13 but I'd rather help local business and have the old one repaired. I don't mind spending a few extra euros but if it costs more than €20 it's not worth it. Any leads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I just broke my garden fork. I can get a new one in Lidl for €13 but I'd rather help local business and have the old one repaired. I don't mind spending a few extra euros but if it costs more than €20 it's not worth it. Any leads?

Is it the fork or the handle that broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Id buy a new one if i was you. I got mine in the coop and its still going strong after 3 years. I think it cost about €25 but ive used it 3-4 times a month digging bait for fishing which could be anything from clean sand to rocky shingle. The salt water seems to have had no ill effects on the wooden handle or the metal forks so its worked out very good value as its dug thru tougher conditions than most garden forks will ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SeamusEnright

The Handle broke at the point where it intersects with the fork. I suspect it could be hollowed out and have the handle jammed in but it's quite a small handle to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The Handle broke at the point where it intersects with the fork. I suspect it could be hollowed out and have the handle jammed in but it's quite a small handle to begin with.
    If its just the handle then you will pick one up cheap in woodies or b&q. All youll need is a screw or nail to fix it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Or any local hardware shop should have the handle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Trevor tool hire might be able to advise. they are just at the top of monaghan road

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭pj9999

I've been using the same gardenfork for over 20 years, though I've had to replace the handle 2 or 3 times & the forks about the same.

Advertisement