Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private car of a female officer was set alight

• 19-03-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

3 people are being quizzed in connection with a suspected arson attack at Scarriff Garda Station overnight.
    The private car of a female officer was set alight after an incendiary was thrown into the vehicle, while the two front windows of the garda station itself were also smashed in.
    The incident happened at around 12.30 while the garda was on patrol in the squad car – She subsequently raised the alarm.
    3 men in their 20's and 30's were arrested in the Scarriff area shortly before lunchtime and are being held on suspicion of criminal damage at Killaloe, Ennis and Shannon garda stations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

What idiots would attack a Garda station?

If these people are found to have committed this act then the book needs to be thrown at them. Extra penalties need to be attached to those who attack the people that uphold the law of the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

ads20101 wrote: »
    What idiots would attack a Garda station?

If these people are found to have committed this act then the book needs to be thrown at them. Extra penalties need to be attached to those who attack the people that uphold the law of the land.

the real scary part of this story is if they were that brazen/off their heads to do what they did ,one shudders to think what they would have done had they been
    confronted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

pilate 1 wrote: »
    the real scary part of this story is if they were that brazen/off their heads to do what they did ,one shudders to think what they would have done had they been
    confronted?

Personally the scary thing to think about would be if they were willing to go after a Garda station like that, then what would they be like if they turned on some regular Joe Publics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really do apologise for this warning, imvho people that attack like this are gutless wonders that deserve everything that comes to them, but.......

This is an ongoing criminal investigation, we can't do/say anything on here that could prejudice the case against anyone, please refrain from speculating to the identities of the people, motive or anything else that's not already in the public domain, if you have something from a reputable news source please feel free to post it however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Clareman wrote: »
    I really do apologise for this warning, imvho people that attack like this are gutless wonders that deserve everything that comes to them, but.......

This is an ongoing criminal investigation, we can't do/say anything on here that could prejudice the case against anyone, please refrain from speculating to the identities of the people, motive or anything else that's not already in the public domain, if you have something from a reputable news source please feel free to post it however.

Ahhhh Jaysus Clareman..... I'm dyin' to know who it was......!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A bit more info here.

http://www.herald.ie/news/woman-gardas-car-torched-at-station-29143430.html

I heard on Clare.fm today that the two Clare men arrested were from Mountshannon, though I haven't seen any articles to confirm it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What would they have done if she was in the station at the time? Genuinely worried, I know it is only speculation, but if they are focused enough to do this sort of damage, what limits would they have if they met an unarmed Garda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

A bit more info here.

http://www.herald.ie/news/woman-gardas-car-torched-at-station-29143430.html

I heard on Clare.fm today that the two Clare men arrested were from Mountshannon, though I haven't seen any articles to confirm it...

Confirmation here: http://clare.fm/news/two-charged-connection-incident-scarriff-garda-station

Advertisement