Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography regional section too long

• 19-03-2013 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that theres just too much too learn in this section?

What are the best essays to learn to give you the best chance if being able to answer a full question on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I guess the most common things they ask are the primary/secondary/tertiary activities in the different regions. Beside them go over culture in India,Gaeltacht and Belgium.
    I cannot think of anymore of the top of my head but population distribution and growth of cities may come up now and again :)
    Looking through the exam papers I'd say is your best bet of familiarising yourself with essays which may come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Map of
    - West of Ireland, GDA region
    Paris Basin, Mezzogiorno
    India/Brazil/ *whatever Sub Continental region chosen in school.

Primary + Secondary + Teriary Activites (Compare and contrast regions)
    Paris Basin, Mezzogiorno
    India/Brazil/ *whatever Sub Con. region chosen in school.

Culture/Dynamics of Regions - Human Processes
    - Gaeltacht
    Belgium
    India/Brazil/ * whatever Sub Con. region chosen in school.

Population Distribution
    Paris Basin, Mezzogiorno
    India/Brazil/ *whatever Sub Con. region chosen in school.

Development of an Urban Region This is mostly:
    - (Irish region) Greater Dublin Area,
    (European region) Paris Basin.

Enlargement/Expansion of the European Union on Ireland

Of course there are a lot more, but they're the ones that I have concentrated on before. If you haven't got it, buy 'Exam Skills' by Sue Honan. Learn to understand the question asked, rather than rote learn, as you'll be more prepared for any surprises on the exam day.

How I take it, is take for example Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Activities, I would learn West of Ireland, then the GDA, and compare the two. Underline contrasts between the two. Underline key terms. Take in 15 relevant SRPs. Draw out mind maps/whatever helps you learn.

These are just off of the top of my head, if anyone wants any help or sample answers just PM, I have a few Regional ones lying around.
    Hope it helps someone in some way. :)

Advertisement