Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazen neck of Seanie

Options
  • 19-03-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭

Just read today's Daily Mail and the front page story would have Dr Bruce Banner turning green. Sean Fitzpatrick has a cheek to be at Bod's charity do in London last night. Tickets cost €700 yet Seanie who is bankrupt managed to afford a ticket and lord it up. How the hell is this allowed to happen ?. I know he will be up again in court in 3 days time and that The judge granted FitzPatrick continuous bail.

Conditions include residing at home, giving 48 hours’ notice if he changes address or leaves the jurisdiction, signing on once a week at Irishtown Garda Station in Dublin, and a bond of €1,000 euro (£865).

He should not have been allowed to leave this country after the major mess he left us and future generations to clean up. Anyone have views on this?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Anyone have views on this?.

Nope. Just here for the free post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My advice would be to stop reading The Daily Fail.

Just read today's Daily Mail and the front page story would have Dr Bruce Banner turning green. Sean Fitzpatrick has a cheek to be at Bod's charity do in London last night. Tickets cost €700 yet Seanie who is bankrupt managed to afford a ticket and lord it up. How the hell is this allowed to happen ?. I know he will be up again in court in 3 days time and that The judge granted FitzPatrick continuous bail.

Conditions include residing at home, giving 48 hours’ notice if he changes address or leaves the jurisdiction, signing on once a week at Irishtown Garda Station in Dublin, and a bond of €1,000 euro (£865).

He should not have been allowed to leave this country after the major mess he left us and future generations to clean up. Anyone have views on this?.

Being bankrupt and having no money are two completely different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyone have views on this?.

Attending an event does not equal paying for the ticket yourself. Anyway, it was for charity so who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Why was the event held in London?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Too big to fail, too big to trial.

HSBC launder mexican drug cartel cash in the States, they pay 2 billion fine, no one gets prosecuted.

Barclays fix the libor rate, they pay £400 million. No one gets prosecuted.

Dont expect Seanie, or anyone else for that matter, to get prosecuted, its just not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tickets cost €700 yet Seanie who is bankrupt managed to afford a ticket and lord it up.
    I heard he was able to pocket over €1000 worth of the free bread they gave out and also stole the same value in cutlery making the whole trip a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hoboo wrote: »
    Dont expect Seanie, or anyone else for that matter, to get prosecuted, its just not gonna happen.

And if they do, it'll be like the prison scene in goodfellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

HondaSami wrote: »
    Why was the event held in London?
    Well Bod is holding 1 there and another in Dublin later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Sacramento wrote: »
    Being bankrupt and having no money are two completely different things.

that is the perfect analogy for how ****ed up the system is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They are being prosecuted..........The question is over whether or not they get convicted....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Well Bod is holding 1 there and another in Dublin later this year.
    BOD 'man of the people'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two fingers again to the nation he helped to destroy

rotten b@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Two fingers again to the nation he helped to destroy

rotten b@stard

I know he hadn't a great game in Rome but thats a bit harsh.

Nodin wrote: »
    They are being prosecuted..........The question is over whether or not they get convicted....
    No Jail time will be served I fear but I hope this won't be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Maybe BOD and Seanie got to compare notes about their upcoming trials

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The law isn't enough to deal with these people. We need a terrorist organisation to behead a banker once a week until the mess is cleared up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Too big to fail, too big to trial.

HSBC launder mexican drug cartel cash in the States, they pay 2 billion fine, no one gets prosecuted.

Barclays fix the libor rate, they pay £400 million. No one gets prosecuted.

yet if the ordinary citizen doesnt pay their tv license they can do chokey for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

ScumLord wrote: »
    I heard he was able to pocket over €1000 worth of the free bread they gave out and also stole the same value in cutlery making the whole trip a profit.

Oh that's nothing I heard there's a couple of chandeliers missing and apparently he was gouging holes in the wall looking for copper pipe. I bet if there was sick kids there he would have robbed them and all. Disgusting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

yet if the ordinary citizen doesnt pay their tv license they can do chokey for it

Agree.
    Usually picked up by a few gardi at the crack of dawn, driven to prison, processed and put into a cell for a few hours, released and home in time for tea, costing a few grand for the state to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Not defending the man, I think he's representative of all that's crocked the nation but the fact he's still in the country means there's still a chance of closure (hate that word but I'm about to nod off and can't think of a better one).

I reserve my opprobrium for the shi*ty rats who slank off to Massachusetts and seem to be getting away with it.

I never get the comments about the Mail, put the British and the Irish versions side by side and the only common factors are the racing, zodiac and some football, at least they put the fadas on where some Irish papers fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

He should be destitute and queueing for the dole.

The game is rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Handy that his wife is still a millionaire .... Will he still get his bank pension when he's out of bankruptcy .... it's seriously galling that a bankrupt can live the high life on gifts ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Handy that his wife is still a millionaire .... Will he still get his bank pension when he's out of bankruptcy .... it's seriously galling that a bankrupt can live the high life on gifts ....
    Why do we allow this happen?. Why don't we make a stand like the people in Cyprus did. Sadly this country has been run by Civil War Politics for nearly 100 years. Is there any credible parties that we can vote for who will ensure justice is served and ensure Seanie does jail time.

Look at America, Kenneth Lay head of Enron was good buddies with George Dubya but he still got jail time and it did not take as long to prosecute him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Im surprised people havent taken the law into their own hands over this piece of filth and if he doesnt get jail time he may want to go into protective custody with the amount of people who will want to administer it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Maybe the ticket was a gift or he was personal invited? Maybe some poster here should relax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jester252 wrote: »
    Maybe the ticket was a gift or he was personal invited? Maybe some poster here should relax

He should be shunned like a leper. I'd refuse to be at the same event as him. Brian O' Driscoll should have had him removed. Can't believe it happened around the corner from where I work in London, I would have packed some eggs to fire at this conman if i'd have know.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Well what idiot would give him a €700 ticket especially after all the damage he caused this country. Surely you would try and keep away from him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well what idiot would give him a €700 especially after all the damage he caused this country. Surely you would try and keep away from him.

Why should I, he seems up for a party as much as I'd be? Sounds like great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I propose we make Seanie wear a jumpsuit made of potato sacks, and force him to walk the streets of Dublin for 4 hours daily while 'the plain people of Ireland' shout obscenities at him and beat him with sticks.

Advertisement