Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazen neck of Seanie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Who pissed in your cornflakes?
    Or are you this ignorant all the time?

That is a real old boys comment that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

FFS, he's allowed a night out, just like anyone else would be. The ticket could have been a present for all we know.

Poor old Seanie, I hope he enjoyed himself.

Attitudes like this ensure that scumbags like Fitzpatrick exist in the first place.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

washman3 wrote: »
    Attitudes like this ensure that scumbags like Fitzpatrick exist in the first place.:mad:

Why do these attitudes exist?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No, I'm being serious. This quick to rustle up a lynch mob shíte is tiring to see all the time.

well save yourself some energy and don't click into the thread so.I won't stop hating and berating guys like this until something is done.He is no different to any other thief or wheeler dealer. I have the same level of opinion on white collar criminals as I do with other criminals. I work in a bank and follow the rules to a t. I don't break the rules because they're there for the greater good of society. Scumbags like him trampled all over the rules and still haven't been brought to book. It makes my blood boil.

smurgen wrote: »
    well save yourself some energy and don't click into the thread so.I won't stop hating and berating guys like this until something is done.He is no different to any other thief or wheeler dealer. I have the same level of opinion on white collar criminals as I do with other criminals. I work in a bank and follow the rules to a t. I don't break the rules because they're there for the greater good of society. Scumbags like him trampled all over the rules and still haven't been brought to book. It makes my blood boil.

Well said he has committed a crime which effects Ireland for generations and he has to pay the price which is a jail sentence. No matter what crime is committed be it stealing a phone or high level financial fraud there has to be justice served.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

well save yourself some energy and don't click into the thread so.

Sometimes you don't notice shít on the path until after you've stood on it. Most times, you won't notice the shít on boards until you've opened it up and read it. You got any idea how often that comment is rolled out without such a consideration? It's a farce in itself.

The title of the thread suggested something scandalous, but turned out to be nothing more than someone posting their disgust at seeing pictures of him being at some minor charity event in England.

Sometimes you don't notice shít on the path until after you've stood on it. Most times, you won't notice the shít on boards until you've opened it up and read it. You got any idea how often that comment is rolled out without such a consideration? It's a farce in itself.

The title of the thread suggested something scandalous, but turned out to be nothing more than someone posting their disgust at seeing pictures of him being at some minor charity event in England.

The minor charity event was BOD's testimonial. As he is widely recognised as Ireland's best rugby player, I take offence when a toe rag is at it. I am sure many other people will agree with my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Like I said,save yourself the energy.
    And I don't believe it's a minor charity event either,lets face it,it's a dinner for some of the most well respected and elite people in our society. If Sean Fitzpatrick is at it it says he's still accepted in those circles which I find shocking.

Like I said,save yourself the energy.
    And I don't believe it's a minor charity event either,lets face it,it's a dinner for some of the most well respected and elite people in our society. If Sean Fitzpatrick is at it it says he's still accepted in those circles which I find shocking.

I find it shocking that Seanie is still accepted in those circles, surely he gave them and still gives them a bad name.

I find it shocking that Seanie is still accepted in those circles, surely he gave them and still gives them a bad name.

That is what the golden circle is all about, no matter what you did, whether you wrecked the country, or any other little hick up, you might have caused, you remain in. Morals or honesty does not enter the realms of the golden circle.

As Johnny Cash sang, "Oh the circle won' be broken". If there is a pun in there it was not intentional.

• Advertisement

That is what the golden circle is all about, no matter what you did, whether you wrecked the country, or any other little hick up, you might have caused, you remain in. Morals or honesty does not enter the realms of the golden circle.

As Johnny Cash sang, "Oh the circle won' be broken". If there is a pun in there it was not intentional.

Morals or honesty is what this country needs now more than ever but sadly that needs someone to lead from example.

Morals or honesty is what this country needs now more than ever but sadly that needs someone to lead from example.

There is none, IMO, that attended that gig, would have the qualities for a position like that.

There is none, IMO, that attended that gig, would have the qualities for a position like that.
    If I was BOD I would have banned the cocky ****er from attending, but that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

If I was BOD I would have banned the cocky ****er from attending, but that's me.

It was held in his honour.... it was organised by an Irish banker in London. He doesn't get to choose the guest list. I suppose he could have said he'd only turn up as long as all the people on a list he'll provide aren't invited. But that would be eh, very odd. Apologies for interrupting, carry on with the outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Markcheese

"The title of the thread suggested something scandalous, but turned out to be nothing more than someone posting their disgust at seeing pictures of him being at some minor charity event in England."

I wouldn't class myself as part of the hang em all brigade, But , I do find it galling when our high profile bankrupts have used the system to still live the high life, luxury hotels,high price testimonials overseas,he can be the beneficiary of gifts and seems to have plenty of spending Money.... So yeah I'd say brass neck about sums it up.... I'm not saying there aren't worse than him out there, or that theres any illegality in what he's currently doing but it's not pleasant to observe....
    Should there be a debate on penalties for bankrupts (especially with the new shorter terms) ? Not to include stoning and lynching ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

conorhal wrote: »
    Indeed. It goes to show that the golden circles haven't gone away you know, in fact they are cozy as ever.
    It also confirms what I've always suspected about the 'great and the good' (as the Indo referred to those attending Drico's come dine with me episode) of the rugby fraternity. That if we'd nuked Lansdowne road during a 2001 Heineken cup match we could probably have avoided the whole financial meltdown, as the bomb would have dealt with every arrogant, self entitled a$$hole in that golden circle that wrecked the country*.

*Queue the outraged 'I'm a salt of the earth, working class, life long fan of Irish rugby' response, to which I reply, though luck mate, collateral damage and all that....

Apart from the rest of the utter bollox in your post, the bit highlighted in red sums up your ignorance in understanding the causes of the recession in this country.

You seem to have some very simplistic notions if you think all those responsible for the state we're in are to be found attending rugby matches.

Oh, another thing. There were no Heineken Cup games played in Lansdowne Road in 2001.

But not to worry. Your 'nuke' would have taken out a few bent bankers and the 7,500 other spectators enjoying a Leinster game in nearby Donnybrook as well as about a million or so others around the city, thus saving us all from the 'economic meltdown.

Markcheese wrote: »
    "The title of the thread suggested something scandalous, but turned out to be nothing more than someone posting their disgust at seeing pictures of him being at some minor charity event in England."

I wouldn't class myself as part of the hang em all brigade, But , I do find it galling when our high profile bankrupts have used the system to still live the high life, luxury hotels,high price testimonials overseas,he can be the beneficiary of gifts and seems to have plenty of spending Money.... So yeah I'd say brass neck about sums it up.... I'm not saying there aren't worse than him out there, or that theres any illegality in what he's currently doing but it's not pleasant to observe....
    Should there be a debate on penalties for bankrupts (especially with the new shorter terms) ? Not to include stoning and lynching ?

I noticed a representative of One Foundation, being on the committee, that hosted the Gig.
    I hope everything went well for the Charity fundraiser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314543/Bonos-ONE-foundation-giving-tiny-percentage-funds-charity.html

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=Brian+O'Driscoll+function+in+london&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CD0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bodtestimonial.com%2Fdownloads%2FBOD_Web_Flyer.pdf&ei=0WJLUcbhIO2w7AbtioCACA&usg=AFQjCNGnd0z3rK7CwZ3wj-Fno5fKaM1oOA

Well spotted. Always thought Bono was too smug and preachy.

For Bod's sake and his future, I would like to see the total amount raised, expenses explained, and the charity named in receipt. It would be an new beginning for these fundraisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

was delighted to hear seanie has been told by gardai that he could be at risk from dissident republicans.
    here's hoping

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did they have a whip around for bertie?

Did they have a whip around for bertie?

Did they do that at Bod's gig, are you sure.

jasonmcco wrote: »
    was delighted to hear seanie has been told by gardai that he could be at risk from dissident republicans.
    here's hoping

Really where did you hear this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

A condition of bail is that Seanie has to leave the passport at the station I would have thought? or at the very least get permission to leave the country.

How was he even allowed go to London?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Lapin wrote: »
    Apart from the rest of the utter bollox in your post, the bit highlighted in red sums up your ignorance in understanding the causes of the recession in this country.

You seem to have some very simplistic notions if you think all those responsible for the state we're in are to be found attending rugby matches.

Oh, another thing. There were no Heineken Cup games played in Lansdowne Road in 2001.

But not to worry. Your 'nuke' would have taken out a few bent bankers and the 7,500 other spectators enjoying a Leinster game in nearby Donnybrook as well as about a million or so others around the city, thus saving us all from the 'economic meltdown.

You don't really 'get' After hours do you, and take those sunglasses off the top of your head, you look like an eejit and the sun hasn't shone in months!

As an equal opporunities outragist, I'll further add the the other half of this nations problems could have been solved by napalming the Swedish House Mafia gig!

Tootles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Why do we allow this happen?. Why don't we make a stand like the people in Cyprus did. Sadly this country has been run by Civil War Politics for nearly 100 years. Is there any credible parties that we can vote for who will ensure justice is served and ensure Seanie does jail time.

Look at America, Kenneth Lay head of Enron was good buddies with George Dubya but he still got jail time and it did not take as long to prosecute him.
    Sick of hearing thus vague idealistic "make a stand" rabble rabble nonsense tbh.

Make a stand - explain exactly how?

Sick of hearing thus vague idealistic "make a stand" rabble rabble nonsense tbh.

Make a stand - explain exactly how?

Well make a stand by peaceful protests, by stating we will not vote FF,FG or Labour in the next election. We are too forgiving. We elected politicians who are only in it to line their and their cronys pockets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Hoboo wrote: »
    Too big to fail, too big to trial.

HSBC launder mexican drug cartel cash in the States, they pay 2 billion fine, no one gets prosecuted.

Barclays fix the libor rate, they pay £400 million. No one gets prosecuted.

Dont expect Seanie, or anyone else for that matter, to get prosecuted, its just not gonna happen.

Theres an understanding, if one of the club can fall then any of them can fall. Cant have that.

(he would have built up an insurance portfolio anyway, full of details of the 'right people' doing the wrong things, snaps of judges bumming rentboys, politicians tripping on shrooms etc)

Theres an understanding, if one of the club can fall then any of them can fall. Cant have that.

(he would have built up an insurance portfolio anyway, full of details of the 'right people' doing the wrong things, snaps of judges bumming rentboys, politicians tripping on shrooms etc)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-MCyUXGhM336DdFqiXUuPcPK6C9bajSbIgiqBtCRDP4JxlNws

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Why do we allow this happen?. Why don't we make a stand like the people in Cyprus did. Sadly this country has been run by Civil War Politics for nearly 100 years. Is there any credible parties that we can vote for who will ensure justice is served and ensure Seanie does jail time.

Look at America, Kenneth Lay head of Enron was good buddies with George Dubya but he still got jail time and it did not take as long to prosecute him.

Kenneth Lay had served no time in prison at the time of his death in 2006 and it took five years to prosecute him. Had he lived he may have served jail time - but it's entirely hypothetical, we cannot say for sure.

As for more relevant US examples from the recent economic crisis, Richard Fuld has served no jail time and has not even been arrested. In fact as far as I am aware no US banker has - and certainly none of the top level ones. Same story in the UK.

Advertisement