Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazen neck of Seanie

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

porsche959 wrote: »
    Kenneth Lay had served no time in prison at the time of his death in 2006 and it took five years to prosecute him. Had he lived he may have served jail time - but it's entirely hypothetical, we cannot say for sure.

As for more relevant US examples from the recent economic crisis, Richard Fuld has served no jail time and has not even been arrested. In fact as far as I am aware no US banker has - and certainly none of the top level ones. Same story in the UK.

Jeffery Skilling the president of Enron who was on trial with Kenneth Lay is currently serving a 24-year, four-month prison. So it seems in America good chance you won't get off scott free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Haven't they mentioned today that he's case has been put back until at least the end of 2014!

Haven't they mentioned today that he's case has been put back until at least the end of 2014!
    Where was this mentioned and why does it take nearly 2 years more to bring the case to trial. Does he get 2 more years to really bury the dead bodies etc.

Where was this mentioned and why does it take nearly 2 years more to bring the case to trial. Does he get 2 more years to really bury the dead bodies etc.
    I heard it on one of the news bulletins. I can't remember what the term was they used to describe the reason for the delay.

Basically it was saying they needed to leave time between the cases to give him a chance of getting a fair case. Breathing space you might say!

I heard it on one of the news bulletins. I can't remember what the term was they used to describe the reason for the delay.

Basically it was saying they needed to leave time between the cases to give him a chance of getting a fair case. Breathing space you might say!

Breathing space my ass he is getting time to get rid of dead bodies etc. He knows far too much and what he knows has to be protected at all costs.

• Advertisement

Breathing space my ass he is getting time to get rid of dead bodies etc. He knows far too much and what he knows has to be protected at all costs.
    They wil never go to court, because if they did they would start naming the aherns of this world who are up to there eyeballs in bankrupting the country. And just how involved he was with certain developers.

All them bankers will be deas before there is a court case, or else they wil get ahern amnesia and forget everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im surprised people havent taken the law into their own hands over this piece of filth and if he doesnt get jail time he may want to go into protective custody with the amount of people who will want to administer it themselves
    While I don't condone stamping, I think this is a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

They wil never go to court, because if they did they would start naming the aherns of this world who are up to there eyeballs in bankrupting the country. And just how involved he was with certain developers.

All them bankers will be deas before there is a court case, or else they wil get ahern amnesia and forget everything!

I hope you don't mind me correcting you, but it was the Longford clown that had amnesia, he was not able to attend the Tribunal to explain what he done when he diverted the government jet when leaving the US to the Caymen Islands.
    Berti fooked the country, but not on his own, give the other scum bags their due. Everyone's entitled to their recognition, just for historical purpose's.

I hope you don't mind me correcting you, but it was the Longford clown that had amnesia, he was not able to attend the Tribunal to explain what he done when he diverted the government jet when leaving the US to the Caymen Islands.
    Berti fooked the country, but not on his own, give the other scum bags their due. Everyone's entitled to their recognition, just for historical purpose's.
    By all means name all the sneaky bastards!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Hoop66 wrote: »
    People like him and Bertie should be shunned. They should be booed by all decent people wherever they go, they should be unable to go anywhere in public without being reminded of what they have done.

Well said. I think of the misery, suffering, pain and even suicides of some people I know caused by the reckless behaviour of these 2 people. In other countries they would not have got away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

He can can afford to have a brass neck as he knows and we know that this country and its laughable pathetic justice system won't touch him, Ever.

charlemont wrote: »
    He can can afford to have a brass neck as he knows and we know that this country and its laughable pathetic justice system won't touch him, Ever.
    I think it's high time that changed we need to set an example of him so that people high up know they can't get away with what Seanie did.

Advertisement