Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A review of purchased traits and their effects

Options
  • 19-03-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

So as many of you have probably done I scoured the interent for guides on traits to buy and ratings to improve. But unfortunately EA are too lazy / selfish to bring out such a thing. Even though every madden forum on the interent has posters begging for it.

Being completely clueless on what to buy, I decided on saving my xp for the first half of season one to evaluate my team.

Things I noticed after my first 8 games. I was losing games, by less then one score, my secondary at the worst moments got burned deep, and I didn't have as much turnovers as others.

So having a massive amount of xp saved up. I bought big hitter traits for my entire secondary. Upgraded the majority of to Conservative in the play ball trait. Upgraded as many peoples consistency to 4 as I could. Difference wasn't huge but here is what I've noticed.

Big hitter - I'm not none for causing fumbles and havent seen an increase. I do however Injure at least 3 players a game, usually taking one out of the game ( not intentionally :P ) Trait = Fail

play ball conservative - there is less of a chance of getting burned by a WR. It seems my DB's are willing to guarantee a tackle, as long as they don't give up yards after catch.

Consistency - This was mainly for my OL/DL to make sure they play hard when I'm down a score. My OL which has quite ratings seem to enjoy letting rushers through when I need protection the most.

Anybody feel like sharing their views on traits, since then I have focused on ratings as opposed to traits for the second half of the season and the first of this one. But sometimes upgrading a trait by up to 10 points only makes a slight difference.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pretty much all my xp for lBs and my secondary go into awareness, no point having a CB with 95 catching if he's 20 yards behind the ball.

In the PFL i drafted a SS in the 2nd round, i have just upped his awareness from the 50s to the 70, i think last season he was the top 5 SS tackles and so far he's doing well in this season.

On the D line, Block shedding and pursuit

Johnson is rated 96 for ball carrying, yet he fumbles all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I upgraded the hit power attribute with my ROLB Weatherspoon and he causes a lot of fumbles. If it's fumbles you're after then this might be the way to go.

I mostly go for attributes over traits. If a WR has 5 consistency but only 76 CIT then he still won't be good catching in traffic. I'd prefer to have a high stat and average consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The only packs I would be buying would be consistency, and only for offensive linemen and your QB. I found that QBs with the trait don't loose the head when they throw a pick.

Big Ben has high consistency, so even when I throw a pick, he will still make good passes, after. The next 3 picks are on me trying to throw over the linebacker with the 13 foot vertical leap!!!!

Advertisement