Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn sack manager...AGAIN!!!

• 19-03-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭

Third manager gone this season. Blackburn Rovers....Once the Champions of England now such a circus of a club!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21843906

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Venkys Out !!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It's clubs like this i hope get relegated so far down the league system that they'll be playing Sunday league within a few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's clubs like this i hope get relegated so far down the league system that they'll be playing Sunday league within a few years
    The fans of Blackburn Rovers would like to thank you for thinking of us!

And we've been discussing this all day in the Blackburn Rovers thread btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

scudzilla wrote: »
    Relegations until Venkys pack it in would be enough surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

eagle eye wrote: »
    And we've been discussing this all day in the Blackburn Rovers thread btw.

Any insightful discussions as to who will be your new manager for the rest of the season? Fourth I might add!

And just to add that I'm no fan of Venkys but they certainly made the right decision by sacking Appleton. He had us heading for relegation playing long ball football to forwards who are not able to play that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

And just to add that I'm no fan of Venkys but they certainly made the right decision by sacking Appleton. He had us heading for relegation playing long ball football to forwards who are not able to play that game.
    They appointed him. So they got it horribly wrong one way or another. Clubs need to appoint a manager that fits the club and current squad.

DenMan wrote: »
    Any insightful discussions as to who will be your new manager for the rest of the season? Fourth I might add!
    I believe Lee Bowyer will be in charge for the remainder of the season. He did well in his short caretaker spell between Berg and Appleton. All the fans wanted him to stay in that position for the rest of the season then. He is the youth team coach and got them to the FA youth cup final last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

One my best mates is Blackburn fan so was hoping they do ok, but feck me they are turning into laughable club past couple of years.

Fans not been happy for some time.

Jack Walker must be turning in his grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Bad decision to appoint Appleton in the first place. I think they made the right decision, they are in dreadful form and were heading straight for relegation. If they find the right manager the owners will not seem like so much of a joke, but it will be hard to attract the right manager with the owners' reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Just seen on Sky Sports that they've already announced the new manager....

Mike_Bassett_England_Manager_6212_Medium.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Just seen on Sky Sports that they've already announced the new manager....

And now they are reporting he's bee sacked! Didn't take long!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

45219_513355065372914_1953168714_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I believe Lee Bowyer will be in charge for the remainder of the season. He did well in his short caretaker spell between Berg and Appleton. All the fans wanted him to stay in that position for the rest of the season then. He is the youth team coach and got them to the FA youth cup final last season.

Lee Bowyer?? Ahh come on even given everything that has gone on we have yet to reach a point where things are that bad :D

Gary Bowyer you mean.

Lee Bowyer?? Ahh come on even given everything that has gone on we have yet to reach a point where things are that bad :D

Gary Bowyer you mean.
    Lol yeah. How did I manage to do that?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They make Chelsea seem normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

They should just put the job up as a 6 month internship on Jobsbridge save themselves a fortune in severence pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

45219_513355065372914_1953168714_n.jpg
    That sign is actually at the City Ground and was shown when Forest had just sacked McLeish after 40 days in charge. Someone has photo-shopped it for Rovers, still a good one though.

When Billy Davies took over from McLeish at the start of February, Forest were a point above Blackburn in mid-table. Now they are 14 ahead of them in 5th. It's amazing what a good manager can do.

Sacking Steve Kean was a grave mistake by Venkys. I don't care if he was unpopular with fans, he had them third in the table and playing well, they were getting results. It just seems to be a series of bad decisions being made by them.

Their biggest problem now will be attracting a self-respecting manager to take the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

delighted. the way kean was treated by the fans was a joke. if he was manager they would have got promoted(or been in a better position than now) you reap what you sow :cool: have fun in league 1. :)

• Advertisement

Maybe Steve McClaren could be in the hotseat for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Few points re Steve Kean and him been a nice person

- His agent is Jerome Anderson, who advised Venky's of their original takeover. Sir Alex once had words to say about Jerome Anderson.
    - Myles Anderson.
    - Alleged to have stabbed Sam Allardyce in the back in order to get his position.
    - Kean's assistant, John Jensen, is a client of Jerome Anderson too.
    - Kean is convicted of drink-driving and his explanation is found lacking. He insinuates that Blackburn fans spiked his drink.
    - Claims it is a minority who are protesting at the club. It's so much of a minority, everyone, including yourself, notices it easily.
    - Continuously claims the likes of Hoilett are going to sign a new contract, throughout the year. Hoilett doesn't sign.
    - Claims Samba won't leave. Samba leaves.
    - Claims to receive over 500 letters of support a day, yet also claims he feels unsafe walking around. Which is it, Kean?
    - Claims the budget for 2011-12 is a "[it's] a very competitive budget". Net spend for the season: -£17m (yes, minus £17m)
    - Steve Kean, drunk, later berates Big Sam on camera. Big Sam successfully settles for damages.
    - A banner flies above Ewood Park with the words "Kean out!" on it. Kean claims not to have seen it, although TV cameras clearly showing him looking up.

Kean did not conduct himself well at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Maybe Steve McClaren could be in the hotseat for them!
    I wouldn't wish Schteeve and his fancy Venn diagrams on anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Alex McLeish is available , he likes a challenge - play musical chairs with forest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

thebaz wrote: »
    Alex McLeish is available , he likes a challenge - play musical chairs with forest

If I was a rovers fan I would want Nigel Adkins or Brian Mc Dermott . They learned their trade in the championship and know how to get a team promoted .

grenache wrote: »
    That sign is actually at the City Ground and was shown when Forest had just sacked McLeish after 40 days in charge. Someone has photo-shopped it for Rovers, still a good one though.

When Billy Davies took over from McLeish at the start of February, Forest were a point above Blackburn in mid-table. Now they are 14 ahead of them in 5th. It's amazing what a good manager can do.

Sacking Steve Kean was a grave mistake by Venkys. I don't care if he was unpopular with fans, he had them third in the table and playing well, they were getting results. It just seems to be a series of bad decisions being made by them.

Their biggest problem now will be attracting a self-respecting manager to take the job!

It wasnt all Venky's now tbf. The fans were an absolute disgrace. The airplane message in particular to Kean last year was outrageous. Regardless of the money he is on the man is a human being first and foremost and seemingly a decent guy and he deserved so much better then that carry on.

According to Robbie Savage, Venkys are selecting managers based on networking ability and id actually agree with him because Appleton barely had any wins to his name and yet landed a job at a club who aspires to be in the Premier League regardless of the crazy way in which they run their football club

EdenHazard wrote: »
    delighted. the way kean was treated by the fans was a joke. if he was manager they would have got promoted(or been in a better position than now) you reap what you sow :cool: have fun in league 1. :)
    And yet again your complete lack of knowledge comes to the fore. Steve Kean was in charge of us from December 2010, we were a top ten side the season before he took over. We were mid-table when he took over with 21 points from 17 games, we almost got relegated in the 21 games for which he was in charge we managed 22 points. The next season it got worse and we got relegated and it wasn't even close with us only getting 31 points from 38 games. This season we got off to a good but lucky start and then things started to go bad.
    And then he quit, he wasn't fired but claimed he was forced out.

He never did anything to encourage the fans to like him. He told lies to the media, he fell out with players, he tried to blame his drink driving conviction on the fans. He was a disgrace both as manager and as a person.

But of course you just look at a couple of excerpts from the dumb media and run your mouth off about the fans.

Please do us all a favour and educate yourself about something before you post instead of having us read the drivel that is all too common from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

And yet again your complete lack of knowledge comes to the fore. Steve Kean was in charge of us from December 2010, we were a top ten side the season before he took over. We were mid-table when he took over with 21 points from 17 games, we almost got relegated in the 21 games for which he was in charge we managed 22 points. The next season it got worse and we got relegated and it wasn't even close with us only getting 31 points from 38 games. This season we got off to a good but lucky start and then things started to go bad.
    And then he quit, he wasn't fired but claimed he was forced out.

He never did anything to encourage the fans to like him. He told lies to the media, he fell out with players, he tried to blame his drink driving conviction on the fans. He was a disgrace both as manager and as a person.

But of course you just look at a couple of excerpts from the dumb media and run your mouth off about the fans.

Please do us all a favour and educate yourself about something before you post instead of having us read the drivel that is all too common from you.

tumblr_lyuafpbplB1r8gcm6o1_400.gif

grenache wrote: »
    I wouldn't wish Schteeve and his fancy Venn diagrams on anyone.

Buzz words that would sure appeal to the owners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Always liked Rovers. They are the biggest of the "town" teams if I remember correctly.

I hope they pull through and stay up this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

"Venn diagram" is hardly a buzzword, I learned about them in maths class in 1968

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

To be fair, the last couple of sackings have been well justified. Their hiring is of course woeful for that to be the case!

"Venn diagram" is hardly a buzzword, I learned about them in maths class in 1968

Venkys :)

Rafa Benitez linked with them this morning. When he's finished at Chelsea he'll definitely get them collectively working together. Make them a hard team to beat!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-blackburn-manager-rafa-benitez-1773740

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

don't let the Venkys' ineptitude cloud the fact that Appleton is a chancer of the highest order.

he'd have relegated them, no question.

• Advertisement

oh, and here's a belter from Didi Hamann...
    Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann

I hope the Venkys treat their chickens better than their managers

This is what happens when you have incompetent owners.

Hope for the fans they stay up.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This is what happens when you have incompetent owners.

Hope for the fans they stay up.

yup, it's a hard one.

the fans are helpless in this situation, so I don't want them to suffer doom.

but the Venkys deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rafa Benitez linked with them this morning. When he's finished at Chelsea he'll definitely get them collectively working together. Make them a hard team to beat!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-blackburn-manager-rafa-benitez-1773740

He'd have more stability at Chelsea ffs :pac:

Would be a good job by the Venkys if they can get him though.

Advertisement