Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused Noob

Options
  • 19-03-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Everyone,

I currently smoke 5 - 10 marlboro lights per day (non stop when drinking). I don't have a whole lot of time to research fully and it's very confusing :S, could someone please link me to the best value starter kit and everything I would need to start vaping and get off the cancer sticks?! I want to spend around €50 or less. Also, how long before I would have to top up and buy more? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Are you fully committed to giving up the cancer sticks.If you really want to give them up then just cut them out its that simple.I smoked 40 a day and I loved every drag i took and its now over four years since I touched one and thankfully I never smoked since.You need to get it into your head that you want to give them up otherwise you are only fooling yourself.You dont need any of these expensive patches etc.

Good luck with your challenge ahead its not easy but well worth it if you can achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This kit is €30, needs to be used with low resistance replacement heads or devices (1.5-1.8ohms) to get a really good vape. Great value. Comes with 25ml of juices.

This kit is €56, let's you set the heat to that which you like, will work well with atomisers up to 2.8ohms resistance. Also comes with 25ml of juices.

Average juice intake is around 3ml a day, but at 5 cigs a day, it should be much less for you.
    Maybe a bottle a week... Bottles of juice cost anything from €6-€20 per 30ml depending on quality.

Personally I wouldn't cheap out. That's not much to spend for something that gets you off cigs and costs 3-4 times less unless you smoke rollies or like shiny things.

If you actually enjoy the act, but don't like the health effects of cigarettes, ignore RealExpert.

If you hate the act and don't like the health effects of cigarettes, ignore RealExpert and wean yourself slowly off the ecigs.

RealExpert sounds like not much of a RealExpert at all. If he/she was they know the actual quit-rate for people using NRT or cold-turkey is around the 5-10% mark... Not much of a quit-rate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Took the words right outa my mouth, theivin ******* :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

@grindle
    Actually realexpert is just my nickname..............and im no expert but I can tell you what really made me give up the smokes was guilt and what I was doing to my childrens health and my own and being told that I would probably be around a lot longer for them if I was a non smoker and thats exactly what made me quit after being a smoker for about 25 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Cold turkey simply doesn't work for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

RealExpert wrote: »
    Are you fully committed to giving up the cancer sticks.If you really want to give them up then just cut them out its that simple.I smoked 40 a day and I loved every drag i took and its now over four years since I touched one and thankfully I never smoked since.You need to get it into your head that you want to give them up otherwise you are only fooling yourself.You dont need any of these expensive patches etc.

Good luck with your challenge ahead its not easy but well worth it if you can achieve it.

Why are you even in here in that case? There's obviously nothing of interest for you here. You realise there is a separate quit smoking section right?
    theesicko wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I currently smoke 5 - 10 marlboro lights per day (non stop when drinking). I don't have a whole lot of time to research fully and it's very confusing :S, could someone please link me to the best value starter kit and everything I would need to start vaping and get off the cancer sticks?! I want to spend around €50 or less. Also, how long before I would have to top up and buy more? Thanks.

One of the easiest kits to start with would be the Ego T or C. I got an ego C starter pack and it was very simple set up, I was puffing away within minutes of getting it.

It'll be a little more than €50 for genuine Joyetech, and everywhere seems to be out of stock on the ego stuff atm:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-ego-c/28-joye-ego-c-starter-kit.html

Failing that, what about a smaller, more discreet/cigarrette sized pack like this

http://jacvapour.com/all-products/starter-kits/v1p-pcc-starter-kit-1022.html

I got that for my missus, and she loves it. It's pretty cool, the PCC/portable charge kit, is not much larger than a phone, you can have a battery charging and one in there ready to use when you head out. I bought an extra battery and a bottle of juice plus 5 empty carts to start her off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    This kit is €30, needs to be used with low resistance replacement heads or devices (1.5-1.8ohms) to get a really good vape. Great value. Comes with 25ml of juices.

This kit is €56, let's you set the heat to that which you like, will work well with atomisers up to 2.8ohms resistance. Also comes with 25ml of juices.

Average juice intake is around 3ml a day, but at 5 cigs a day, it should be much less for you.
    Maybe a bottle a week... Bottles of juice cost anything from €6-€20 per 30ml depending on quality.

Personally I wouldn't cheap out. That's not much to spend for something that gets you off cigs and costs 3-4 times less unless you smoke rollies or like shiny things.

If you actually enjoy the act, but don't like the health effects of cigarettes, ignore RealExpert.

If you hate the act and don't like the health effects of cigarettes, ignore RealExpert and wean yourself slowly off the ecigs.

RealExpert sounds like not much of a RealExpert at all. If he/she was they know the actual quit-rate for people using NRT or cold-turkey is around the 5-10% mark... Not much of a quit-rate at all.

I still can't get over the value of that €30 kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 theesicko

Thanks everyone.. Can i pay with a visa debit card on any of the sites? I also need it shipped to the UK.

Real Expert, I've tried cold turkey a couple of times and failed.. Hence why I am giving this a shot! Have tried e cigs from a couple of friends and found them to be a lot more like the real thing than I expected when compared to inhalers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

theesicko wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.. Can i pay with a visa debit card on any of the sites? I also need it shipped to the UK.

Real Expert, I've tried cold turkey a couple of times and failed.. Hence why I am giving this a shot! Have tried e cigs from a couple of friends and found them to be a lot more like the real thing than I expected when compared to inhalers.

That site accepts paypal but you can set up a paypal easy enough and get it coming straight out of your visa debit account, its how i do it anyway. Shipping from that company is worldwide i believe. Well if they had orders coming in from all over the world they'd do their best to get it shipped :)

e-smokeireland.eu accepts credit cards. Just select the paypal option and it lets you use a credit card without signing up to paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

an post can't(wont) send liquids abroad so you'll have to pay extra for a courier if they offer a courier option

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

There are plenty of UK vendors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah, tons of UK vendors (as pointed out by an Irish vendor I might add - very humble), why are you going Irish?

Ecigwizard (ECW), Liberty Flights, Safercigs are all great vendors. Not sure they'll have the exact kits that ESI have put together, but I know ECW was selling cheap eGo starter kits recently.

Hey Vaperus, I live on the border and I'm unemployed. I'd run a UK varient if you're interested? I could keep the stock here and it's a five minute drive to a UK post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 prettypaws

there loads of great vendors both uk and ireland
    best thing is have a look if you see a kit you like ask about it here some one will come back to you
    have to say all great here with advice and tips

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

jamie72 wrote: »
    Hey Vaperus, I live on the border and I'm unemployed. I'd run a UK varient if you're interested? I could keep the stock here and it's a five minute drive to a UK post office?

Thanks for offer
    but maybe this is a service you could offer ALL IRISH VENDORS
    maybe you could look at the postage cost North Ireland to UK and EU
    I think its more expensive to send from Northern Ireland than it is to send straight from the south (stand to be corrected on this)

Advertisement