Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American food??????

Options
  • 19-03-2013 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey all love hearing about american food and huge portions, let me know what is the nicest thing over there :) nd price for it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Florintina wrote: »
    Hey all love hearing about american food and huge portions, let me know what is the nicest thing over there :) nd price for it :D
    Burgers are phucking huge over there. Everything is bigger in the USA. Fries, hotdogs, general portion sizes and bellys as a direct result!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Florintina

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Burgers are phucking huge over there. Everything is bigger in the USA. Fries, hotdogs, general portion sizes and bellys as a direct result!!

lol how huge are we talking for burgers? do u live in usa? i never been there but dying to go mostly pig out on their yummy foods ha but say if i lived there be 40 stone no doubt if all that junk . have real cheap prices to i hear x:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What the nicest thing is depends a lot on what you like :)
    The great thing in the USA is that there is so much choice, in food and otherwise.

silja wrote: »
    What the nicest thing is depends a lot on what you like :)
    The great thing in the USA is that there is so much choice, in food and otherwise.

lol well i am defo a food freak i love my comfort food mabey that why i am amazed at the big portitons of tasty junk food and how cheap it is lol. i love way they bring out such amazing advanced technology . nd i love the huge building in new york nd places like that . america is class looking . would not mind living there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

You can order American staples on americansoda.co.uk.

• Advertisement

I am rather partial to IHOP/ Denny's all day breakfast stuff, especially hashbrowns and pancakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

There certainly is a wide range of choice and the flavours options vary from state to state which is always interesting. I don't eat out very much because of a gluten allergy and I like making my own food. My weakness is a gluten free pizza from a Midwest chain. :)

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    There certainly is a wide range of choice and the flavours options vary from state to state which is always interesting. I don't eat out very much because of a gluten allergy and I like making my own food. My weakness is a gluten free pizza from a Midwest chain. :)

That is best thing about america great choice of nice yummy foods , i be a danger if lived over there be eating all around me no doubt haha i very bad when comes to my junk food love taste to much .
    but i do love home made cooking nd do alot my own dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I love food delivery in the US. Pizza and Chinese are probably the most popular. I think those foods "travel" better than most. Very rare for any place to deliver hamburgers for instance.

Here's the menu from a deliver place we use:

http://www.razzispizza.com/menu/pastas.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I loved Philly Cheese Steaks (steak sandwich in Irish).

Also, Sushi on the west coast is very good.

• Advertisement

i be a danger if lived over there be eating all around me

I think something first time visitors notice is the huge(!) amount of over weight people.

;)

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I love food delivery in the US. Pizza and Chinese are probably the most popular. I think those foods "travel" better than most. Very rare for any place to deliver hamburgers for instance.

Here's the menu from a deliver place we use:

http://www.razzispizza.com/menu/pastas.html

i say its great fun the delivery over there. how much would a starter nd main be for a chinese over there? pretty pricy here it i think but so yummy . i adore chinese food a bit to much at times i think ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Anywere near either coast, Seafood is awesome.... The biggest crab/lobsters and mighty chowder.

The steaks as well, full of angel dust (bigger bigger bigger)but tasty, they know how to cook their steak.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I loved Philly Cheese Steaks (steak sandwich in Irish).

Also, Sushi on the west coast is very good.

oh that sounds so goood nom nom , i hear alot about them being very nice. nd the hot dogs over there seem real creative to i heard peanut butter with butter mmm

I think something first time visitors notice is the huge(!) amount of over weight people.

;)

haha i say that i think i fat now my mam like u crazy go over to america and u will know what fat is i like oh really is it that bad

Anywere near either coast, Seafood is awesome.... The biggest crab/lobsters and mighty chowder.

The steaks as well, full of angel dust (bigger bigger bigger)but tasty, they know how to cook their steak.

lol i love steak sometimes i think cook mine the wrong way haha. when i watch man vs food mouth does be watering alot as looks so tasty especially with fried onions mmm

i say its great fun the delivery over there. how much would a starter nd main be for a chinese over there? pretty pricy here it i think but so yummy . i adore chinese food a bit to much at times i think ha

Here's our local Chinese delivery place (dunno why it says "2010"!). Its great and its only about a mile away so always arrives fresh and hot.

http://www.chefliao.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

Have a look at this documentary and you might never eat American food again.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

Here's our local Chinese delivery place (dunno why it says "2010"!). Its great and its only about a mile away so always arrives fresh and hot.

http://www.chefliao.com/

The menu seems really nice and some ur starers are cheaper than here. is egg rolls same as spring roll or did i miss that haha :).
    what ur fav thing order from there

crossy wrote: »
    Have a look at this documentary and you might never eat American food again.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

haha it seems to long read why what it about? my net is slow downloading videos nd things. i say take alot put me off junk food i love my comfort food. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

lol how huge are we talking for burgers?

thats a real 2lb burger you can order at the heartattack grill in las vegas

quadruplebaconred.png

24oz burger at fatburger which have numerous chains across the us

rossie1977 wrote: »
    thats a real 2lb burger you can order at the heartattack grill in las vegas

quadruplebaconred.png

24oz burger at fatburger which have numerous chains across the us

oh my god the size of that wow , mouth watering looking mmm but the heart attack grill what a name do they want people to die or something lol .

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Fake ad below, but it sums up junk-food insanity pretty well:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/taco-town/n11981/

Gandhi wrote: »
    Fake ad below, but it sums up junk-food insanity pretty well:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/taco-town/n11981/

some reason i cant seem to load that link its taking forever lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

Mcdonalds dollar menu. You can get a mcdouble for $1. Here in Ireland it's 2euro for a double cheeseburger. $1 refill on soda's. Bigger portions aswell. Are larfpge meal here is an American medium meal over there

McDonald's is so cheap over there I'd recommend it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

oh my god the size of that wow , mouth watering looking mmm but the heart attack grill what a name do they want people to die or something lol .

It looks like a mountain

con1421 wrote: »
    Mcdonalds dollar menu. You can get a mcdouble for $1. Here in Ireland it's 2euro for a double cheeseburger. $1 refill on soda's. Bigger portions aswell. Are larfpge meal here is an American medium meal over there

McDonald's is so cheap over there I'd recommend it :-)

wow no way really only that price nd re fills no way would ireland have that. ha think i shud move america so lol. i love macdonalds bit to much quarter pounder nd cheese meal all the way sooo good.

i would love try a supersize meal over there just say i can ha .
    They are famous for there donuts i hear to

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

haha it seems to long read why what it about? my net is slow downloading videos nd things. i say take alot put me off junk food i love my comfort food. :pac:

It just shows how all american meat is genetically modified. And how disgusting it is with huge amounts of hormones pumped in unlike the meat we have here in ireland. Also shows how brutally some of the animals are slaughtered in america and the small temporary living conditions they have just until they are ready for killing

crossy wrote: »
    It just shows how all american meat is genetically modified. And how disgusting it is with huge amounts of hormones pumped in unlike the meat we have here in ireland. Also shows how brutally some of the animals are slaughtered in america and the small temporary living conditions they have just until they are ready for killing

oh god glad didnt look at it so eww that sounds manky it does, i didnt think meat over in america was that bad and its not like that in ireland?

• Advertisement

Ireland has far more regulations in terms of labelling GM foods, what you are allowed to feed cows/ pigs, battery hens etc. Of course you can get corn fed chickens and grass fed, non-medicated beef in the USA too (lots of choice, remember!), but if you are going to a fast=-food restaurant, Dennys etc you get the cheap meat, because it is cheap food.

Advertisement