Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Interview

Options
  • 19-03-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Have my J1 interview tomorrow and have been given the embassy pack by Go4Less today for the interview tomorrow.

Is it a pretty simple and straight forward process or is there anything I should know/ or any tips that I should know?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Go4Less should have given you a checklist of paperwork and items to bring. Just make sure you have all of that, arrive around 15 minutes before your interview time and don't have plans for the hours after (it can take a while). Be courteous and it should go fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B25

Hi, For the J1 Visa what should one wear. I was planning on wearing jeans and t shirt. Would that be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah wear anything. It's not a real interview, it's more like if you were going through passport control. A couple of questions, check your documents and away you go. Next person in queue comes up.

I spent half the day waiting a few years ago then I talked to the guy at the desk for about 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

B25 wrote: »
    Hi, For the J1 Visa what should one wear. I was planning on wearing jeans and t shirt. Would that be ok.

So long as you don't have your tracksuits tucked into socks you're grand :p

The day I went, less than a handful of the 50 or so people queuing had anything more formal than a hoodie/jeans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B25

Thank you so much. Is it very important that the documentation be in order. Also, I am travelling up from Cork and they say I can't bring a backpack or phone. Where on earth am I going to leave these while I am at the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Thank you so much. Is it very important that the documentation be in order. Also, I am travelling up from Cork and they say I can't bring a backpack or phone. Where on earth am I going to leave these while I am at the interview.

You can obviouisly bring a phone and the essentials, try and avoid backpacks or anything like that, it'll just mean extra time at security

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There are a series of little cubby holes at the security check point. You have to put metal objects (such as phones) into one of these, before you'll be let into the building proper for your interview. You'll be given a tag with a number on it, so that you claim your stuff on the way out.

Advertisement