Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff banned from parking in Jetland

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Management are parking were we are parking also.

Head office cant fire all of ye, especially if the managers tell them to shag off.

I used to work in the Jetland and used to park at the wall on the top level so why dont ye come to an agreement with head office that ye wont park in the first row of spaces next to the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

lkionm wrote: »
    Head office cant fire all of ye, especially if the managers tell them to shag off.

I used to work in the Jetland and used to park at the wall on the top level so why dont ye come to an agreement with head office that ye wont park in the first row of spaces next to the door?

The managers wont even kick up a fuss you know yourself! We will have to see now after this week and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What if lidl and supermacs start kicking up a fuss about THEIR customers being inconvenienced from Dunne's stupidity, the carpark space around the jetland is fcuking huge, there's no way there's a lack of spaces. between the over and underground areas, over by showtime/woodies/petmania etc there's tons and tons of spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I thought of a solutions!
    Staff buy a sausage at start of shift. At break a snack. At lunch a sandwich. Paying customers!

Still would love to know what the problem is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I have an involvement in commercial property but not connected to jetland in any way but I do know the following.

Jetland is one of dunne's busiest storss.
    The centre is owned by dunne's
    They have no connection with the retail park across thd road.
    They have recently appointed new centre management in DTZ
    There are at least three major retailers in final stage negotiations on unit's. Once these open, more will follow.

On the car park issue. The use of prime spaces by staff is the bugbear of retail. Dundrum ban it, pavilions swords bans it, the square tallaght bans it, the park carrickmines bans it, merchants quay cork bans it, douglas centre cork bans it and there are many many more examples.
    Others give areas such as top floor or back area for an annual fee - possibly this is an option in jetland. However no new retailer will open if all they see is all day parking of prime spaces by staff in a centre.
    And similarly if customers find that parking is difficult or too far from the entrance, they go elsewhere. So the good news is if parking is easy and as close to the entrance as possible for customers, then more customers, more shops and more jobs. Who's going to argue against that? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

sandin wrote: »
    I have an involvement in commercial property but not connected to jetland in any way but I do know the following.

On the car park issue. The use of prime spaces by staff is the bugbear of retail. Dundrum ban it, pavilions swords bans it, the square tallaght bans it, the park carrickmines bans it, merchants quay cork bans it, douglas centre cork bans it and there are many many more examples.

The Park Carrickmines allows staff parking in designated staff parking areas.

Advertisement