Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 405 Battery Replacement

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

Condo131 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that you had hassle. Something clearly has gone wrong...I don't understand how it can be held up in customs in the US. It's hardly on their restricted list for making chemical weapons!:rolleyes:

I presume that you've used the US postal tracking number and checked online? Other than that, I can't offer any advice...as per my previous posts, I had no issues with getting mine repaired and back to me.

Tks Condo. No sooner had you posted today I received a mail back with a new tracking no. Apparently the package was held up because Dan de 'fix ur Gps' man had not completed the full address ( might have left out the Ireland bit at the end! ) I should have it in a few days. Tks again for posting the info. Bar the postal issue the service/contact and price are spot on. Ill post once I get & use the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Got mine back from US guy in 2 weeks. All fine. About $45 all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Badreputation

Got the watch this morning. Had all the rubber buttons replaced and looks perfect. Was delayed in the post but the fact he fitted a new strap at no extra cost more than made up for the delay. Thanks again for posting the info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

My Garmin died on Friday. Out of the blue, it came up with low battery, having been on for about 90 mins, but kept going for another 90 or so. Thought it might have been on while charging.
    On Saturday, I turned it on and it just switched off after about 3 or 4 mins. Started it again and checked battery indicator - just 2 bars. Charged it for about 2 mins and it showed "Battery Charging Complete". Turned it on again and it lasted less than a min.
    It won't turn on at all now, unless in charging cradle.

Having spent €40, just 4 months ago, for the new battery, I'm NOT going to send it off again. This is the second Garmin I've gone through in the past 5 to 6 years - I'm going to wait a while, relying on a plain ol' Casio type stopwatch before I invest again. Garmins probably cost me €500-€600 in 6 years. I expect better life for that sort of layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Condo131 wrote: »
    My Garmin died on Friday. Out of the blue, it came up with low battery, having been on for about 90 mins, but kept going for another 90 or so. Thought it might have been on while charging.
    On Saturday, I turned it on and it just switched off after about 3 or 4 mins. Started it again and checked battery indicator - just 2 bars. Charged it for about 2 mins and it showed "Battery Charging Complete". Turned it on again and it lasted less than a min.
    It won't turn on at all now, unless in charging cradle.

Having spent €40, just 4 months ago, for the new battery, I'm NOT going to send it off again. This is the second Garmin I've gone through in the past 5 to 6 years - I'm going to wait a while, relying on a plain ol' Casio type stopwatch before I invest again. Garmins probably cost me €500-€600 in 6 years. I expect better life for that sort of layout.

I went out for a spin today and took my old Garmin 405 after not having used it for about 2 years. Battery lasted about 15 minutes or so. I really like it and don't want to dispose of it and have to spend another fortune on another Garmin. Would anoybody else please post an update on how their Garmins performed after sending them off to that shop in the US for a replacement? Condo your review of the process and follow-up have been very helpful.

Thanks,
    O.D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement