Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rental accommodation standards in the city

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey all

I haven't rentes for a long time in the city but have been looking at a few houses in the city . Im shocked at some of the standard of housing in the city . Run down, over priced not worth what some letting agencies are looking for?

Can any one advise a good location, landlord or letting agency to deal with?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

aimzeyr wrote: »
    Hey all

I haven't rentes for a long time in the city but have been looking at a few houses in the city . Im shocked at some of the standard of housing in the city . Run down, over priced not worth what some letting agencies are looking for?

Can any one advise a good location, landlord or letting agency to deal with?

Thanks in advance

There all targeting students, so its rarely quality! Move away from the city and the estates around the college to see an improvement such as the Dunmore Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Have to agree that the quality is very poor. I have been looking on and off for a number of years. It is the same old houses every time(the good ones must get snapped up sharpish). What I can't understand is how landlords may think that they can't afford to renovate a house which obviously hasn't been touched since the nineties but can afford to lose the 6 or 700 quid a month in rent from it lying empty.

The standard is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

agree the standard is pure shyte, slumlords trying to extract as much euro as they can for substandard rubbish , there are better places but they are seriously overpriced and subject to price fixing from a group of property magnates...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Hoffmans wrote: »
    agree the standard is pure shyte, slumlords trying to extract as much euro as they can for substandard rubbish , there are better places but they are seriously overpriced and subject to price fixing from a group of property magnates...

It is not the landlords that are the problem, they are only responding to a market which is usually made up of students.

Students renting general don't give much thought to quality. They just want a mediocre place with very low rent.

Low rent to them equals more money for booze, going out etc.

Advertisement