Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non declaration of jurer being related to accused

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi im only just new to this and im not sure if im doing this rite ...but here goes anyway...my question is .. can a jury verdict be appealed under irish law if a jury member is related to the accused trough marriage? and this was the head jurer but they failed to declare their relationship and took their oath in court ..im not sure if i have explained this properly but plz feel free to ask me to explain again if its not clear ..thank you. maz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,413 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to talk to a solicitor.

You can't get legal advice here.

The accused might be looking at a re-trial and the jury member might be looking at prison time for contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maz2013

Thank you much appreciated and i did say i was only knew to this, will take your advice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm also locking this in case others attempt to do something ill-advised and attempt to give legal advice anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement