Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE....ADEC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ahahah

Hi there,

I have an interview later today by phone with ADEC. Is anyone going out with a partner? I will be married when/if I go. Need to know if they'll pay his airfare or else it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 13 traversa

Got my offer letter last night....yay! that is a relief! It is all coming together now. Going into the dept of foreign affairs after school today to get that ball moving too. It will be great to get that list alright and start discussing our big move :-)

Dublingirl80 I know what you are saying and naturally I would prefer to be placed close to Abu Dhabi but as far as I know even if you are not you will be with other expats and realistically are not too far away to go up on the weekends so it should be OK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Dublingirl80

I single but they said at the talk that they do, I think they recommend that they come after though? But they defo pay dependents flights!

Traversa got mine too, just trying to get stuff sorted this week ,how many references do we need? Ye I'm just worried about being really really far out, it can be up to 2 And a half hours away! How many written references do we need?

I heard nothing about written references? I gave in one written reference at my interview but there has been no mention since? The only thing I am doing at the mo is getting my degree and teaching council registration letter attested!?

• Advertisement

Oh yeh no I hadn't got my reference yet at that stage so that's why, just wondering If we need 2 or 1 as the agencies and private schools ask for 2, must just be 1 then? Yah I got my degree attested a while back when I got offer so that's done! Do you know what the probation part of contract is bout? I know they can let you go within z6 months but could you also leave within then without employment ban? Just curious and trying to figure out what happens regarding money ( furniture allowance) when ppl leave early? I know the reviews are mixed and for whatever reason people do seem to sometimes leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irish_chick

Anyone heard anything yet? Starting to get a little impatient!

Yeah I got formal contract from Adec but only last week so it's been she's since interview! When did you interview?

I interviewed back in October. Have gotten my formal contract also but was hoping to hear more by now.

I interviewed back in October. Have gotten my formal contract also but was hoping to hear more by now.[

Oh right I think the rest of it won't be till July ish! My friend that did it last year said you need a lot of patience and it's a bit last minute? Where did you interview? Do you know anyone else heading over?

• Advertisement

Thanks dublingirl guess il have to work on my patience for Abu Dhabi! I interviewed at the westin in dub. Don't know anyone else headin over but fingers crossed there's a few more in the same boat. Is ur friend with ADEC? How's she finding it?

Thanks dublingirl guess il have to work on my patience for Abu Dhabi! I interviewed at the westin in dub. Don't know anyone else headin over but fingers crossed there's a few more in the same boat. Is ur friend with ADEC? How's she finding it?
    She's really happy overall! I hear working there is stressful though! I know I'm the same, patience is hard when you want stuff to be organised! Which agency ate you going with? Are you from Dublin too? It'll be nice to know when we're leaving, I hear that's even a bit last minute but I'm back from holidays August 1st so hoping I've a week or two!

I definitely need to work on my patience too I guess! I sent off my degrees etc last week and haven't heard whether they are ok or not....no news is good news I suppose! I was just worried that my degree was in latin but my translation was only a letter which the arab chamber of commerce said not to attest so I hope it is all in order for what they need?! I get home from holidays on August 4th so I really hope I have a week or so as well to get my life into a bag!!

Ye I feel the same! I've emailed and called a few times and I've not heard yet! I also had my stuff attested already and sent them it but like that, they've not gotten back to say its ok or not this week! Hoping all goes through ok and that we hear more soon! It's all exciting but nerve wrecking! Sent you a pm!

Hey Dublingirl and traversa.i sent my documents in in February. Didn't hear a thing til may when I sent a few emails to check all was ok.they eventually got back to me to say all was grand and that my stuff was sent off to Abu Dhabi to get visa sorted.so think well just be waiting until the flight details come through!! Dublin girl got a pm from you but seems like an empty message.

Oh right well then I think I need to forget about it and enjoy the Summer holidays when they come in 3 weeks time! :-) I can think about it more when I get home from travelling!

Sorry I never use this thing And got confused with Who was who too! I'll be in touch with you two tho closer to the time as it'd be nice to get in touch with other Irish people doing same thing so I can see if we're in same group flying out etc! Ye I kinda wanna just relax for my holidays so hoping I'll have the info by time im Heading away.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lilly0907

Hey guys, how are things? I'm heading over to Abu Dhabi in sept also. Can't wait. Looking forward to meeting ye all :)

Hey! It's nice to chat to others going! This is a crazy time when we don't know the details but know we're going! At least we can keep in touch on this and figure out what's happening! Wonder if there's many from Ireland going, and how many are heading over from uk, America etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublino

Hey everyone... I'm in the same boat - heading over in Sept with ADEC. Going alone and don't have a clue what to expect! You guys going alone? I'm going traveling for over a month when I finish school here so will all be very rushed heading off! You know how many Irish are heading? I'm interested in chatting anyway :-)

• Advertisement

Hey! Yeah I'm getting nervous of going on my own But hoping most people are in the same boat! I asked today and sounds like departure will be any day after 7th probably! But nobody seems sure! I'm not back till 1st anyway! I think that teach anywhere might make a facebook group soon for people going? I'd feel better if I got talking to a few!

I am the exact same....starting to get a bit nervous about it all. I am going solo too! I think it is the lack of concrete plans that make it feel like it isn't really happening. Who mentioned the 7th as a departure date to you Dublingirl80? That would be great.....if it was after that because I think I am going to book my holidays from early July until Aug 4th? It will be rushed but I can have things prepared before I go on holidays.....should have a week and a half once school finishes! We gotta make the most of those holidays though I think!! :-)

It was only a rough estimate because that's the date Ramadan finishes! I'm returning on the 1st just in case but I have no idea, the not knowing definitely makes it seem less real! At least we're all in the same boat, what agency are you guys? Hope they make a Facebook page soon!

Hi everyone, I'm wondering about Garda vetting, mine is three years old but I have been registered with teaching council ever since, do I need to get one done again? The FAQ says you need to bring one within last year, afraid it may take ages!?

Also I just saw for first time the. Saying anyone with children will only be placed in al ain or al gharbia. I'm realising this means the singles are more likely to land in al gharbia which is bit annoying as I thought it was supposed to be totally random! Suppose we just need to go with the flow !

Hey Dublingirl80, I was in the same situation regards garda vetting and I was told to get a police certificate and it took two weeks. Where did you read about where people may be placed? That is a bit annoying!!! But your right we just have to go with it :)

Hi lily, thanks for that, that sounds good, do I just go into station and ask or do I need any special forms etc? O just in FAQ regarding people it's children and schools, I wonder if many families go with adec? It's so mental how we don't even know our leaving date, I might just pack a case to have ready so I've no hassle when we do find out! Did you get the update yesterday? I'm with teach anywhere heading in August I hope!

Hey, to get the police cert you just have to write a letter to the superintendent in your district, if you go to www.garda.ie, it will give you all the info :) I don't know if many families will be going!! No didn't get an update, any new info? I'm with Teach Away. They said sometime in August too, depends on the visa's and immigration. I'm going to pack a case and have it ready for the start of August too! I was talking to a girl who's sister is with ADEC and she lives in Abu Dhabi but works over an hour away, in a remote area. A mini bus picks her and two other girls up and drops them to and from school every day and its paid for ... I wouldn't mind that :) I cant wait to go and leave this Irish weather behind ....

Yeah I think hour away is the max so if a bus drove you at least you could switch off and relax on your journey in! The schools start so early ill need to become more of a morning person! Yeah I think maybe the groups all go together whichever agency your with! I called into police station today and got it started so think tis all done, all I needed was passport and past addresses. Ye that's my plan too, though im not usually as organised as I plan to be!

I'm the same, it will take a while to adapt to the early mornings zzz. Hope you get your cert through quickly. I have to start buying some school clothes, I think everything I own is too casual!!

• Advertisement

Hi guys! Did you get asked to get a new garda vetting cert or you were just away of it yourself that it was three years old? I am in the same boat....should I just get the cert from my local Garda station to be on the safe side?

That section in the FAQ's also struck me and as much as I would be fine in a more remote area I would naturally prefer to be placed in a city so if my chances of that are less because I am single it would get to me I think.....but sure like you said just go with the flow!

I am travelling Africa from July 12th to Aug 6th so gonna just have to have everything packed before I go I think....slightly worried though because I don't know if I will have internet often while down there as I will be spending some nights in the national parks or even if I have someone at home checking my mail if I will have phone signal for them to let me know......oooooops probably should have thought of all this before booking! But sure I will be home on the 6th so worst comes to it I will have 2 days to get prepared and go again!! It's all about the adventure right!! :-)

Advertisement