Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE....ADEC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lilly0907

Hey Traversa, I was asked to get a new cert by Teach Away. Maybe just get one to be safe :)
    I know it would be annoying to be placed in a remote area because we are single!! Your trip sounds amazing, don't worry I personally think we wont be going until after the second week in Aug, fingers crossed :) I'm sure you'll have some phone signal near you, so ya, i'd just get someone to keep checking your mail.
    Do you have any idea how much money we will need to keep us going until we get paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Dublingirl80

I was just on to agency and she seems to think the police cert may or may not work. Applying for garda vetting again did raging I didn't do it sooner, but also hoping the police cert works and that it comes in soon! Just when I thought is everything done, it's annoying how the teaching council registration isn't enough, very stressed as I think this could cause a delay, anybody else here only have a Garda vetting from over a year ago? Anyone Else getting that police cert or getting vetted again?

Hey Dublingirl80, what agency are you with? Is your agency applying for you to get garda vetted? Teach Away don't do it so thats why they told me to get a police cert!! You can't get garda vetted yourself an organisation has to apply for you! I think!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublino

What do you mean it mightn't work? Mine is over a year old... Went into my garda station to get one yesterday - had to fill up a form.. He said I would receive something back in about a week.. I think we then give the form to ADEC over there.... Am I right? If anyone got one recently please fill us in on the process - thanks!

Hey Dublino, when I got my police cert I had to scan it and email it to Teach Away for them to get my visa sorted. Oh the confusion!!

• Advertisement

I mean that it might need to be Garda vetting form! I'm looking online tho and other countries use police checks etc so I figure a Garda cert really should be ok shouldn't it? She said they recommend Garda vetting by teaching council but that's gonna take too long and my last one is 3 yrs old! As for police cert, the guard photocopied my passport and took my past addresses, just onto a scrap of paper! What did your form have? Paperwork for This is so annoying!

I just had to write a letter to the superintendent saying what needed the police cert was for and give them my past addresses and a copy of my passport, got it in two weeks then. I wonder what agency said that it might not work? I know Teach Away said they don't apply for garda vetting for you and a police cert would do, so hopefully they are right!! the paper work is such a pain!!

He asked if I wanted garda vetting for a visa and asked for what country... He then photocopied my passport and took down my past addresses very quickly... So we're in the same boat by the sounds of it... I didn't know any different to be honest - didn't realise it was vetting they really wanted.. I do have one that is just over a year old from the teaching council...

It's teach anywhere. Yeah I've to apply myself through teaching council. It's not up to them it's up to the security people in uae so she said that it may or may not work, so I'm applying for both. Yeah I didn't speak iwith a. Superintendent just a guard but she took those details too so hoping that's ok! If teach away are saying cert is ok then that's a relief. Hopefully it is and I get it soon, my biggest worry is not having everything in on time for the August departure, fingers crossed.

Well that's what she said today but I am hoping now that a cert is enough, the email that it was mentioned in said ' if possible' within last year and that was for the interview so I'm bit annoyed I'm only hearing this now as I also emailed to ask about it on Friday. Nothing I can do about it now though so ill have to just do my best to try get it on time.

• Advertisement

I might apply for one from the Teaching Council too to be on the safe side then... Did you just call the teaching council up? Is there a fee?

You call or email to request form, fill it out and send it in, I dunno if there's a form, it can take 8 to 10 weeks it says . I'm stressed about this , really hoping the police cert comes quick and does the job because I'd like it sorted before I go on holiday

I have to say I have totally confused myself with this garda vetting process! Are you asking the Abu Dhabi teaching council to apply for one for you Dublingirl80?

No the Irish teaching council. You know how you get a garda vetting clearance form here.? Mine is out of date for them so I've to try get one again but I don't think it'll be ready on time anyways but gonna apply so that if there's a problem with cert I have it as a backup

Oh right! Sorry my head is melted :) I am going to do the same so, just to be safe!!

I totally confused myself reading the info on the Garda Vetting website :P

Go to teaching council website and they've info.about it. It's the same process as getting your original garda vetting, to be honest im kinda banking on what teach away told you being correct? Hopefully the v
    Cert will do the job? My agency did say that often that does work so I'm confused myself! I imagine others will be in the same boat !

Yeah i'd say we'll be ok with the certs.. Otherwise the agencies should have told us about this ages ago - as in to apply for it while we were getting our documents attested etc! But anyway I just emailed the Irish teaching council asking for the application form to have it anyway..

Yeah that's the same as me, I'm a stresser so ill feel better applying for both, I'm noticing its more up to us to notice the things we are missing etc as by they time they tell you it will prob be pretty late!! Sorry for stressing people out, I'm hoping cert is fine too! I can't wait to go on holidays and de stress! End of school packing up class, then apartment and trying to make sure I've all my documents in is tiring!

People with Teachanywhere - are you on the facebook group? You know the information documents that they uploaded about phones and internet etc... In the internet one it says that we should set up VPN on our laptops a month before going out so that we can use the internet freely over there.. What they recommend us to install costs about 100 so im not rushing into that unless I know its def needed... Anyone know anything about that?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 SuperCoolSandra

Is there anyone planning to work for ADVETI in Abu Dhabi? Heading over in Aug.

I was confused too then went to local garda station - eay peasy from there. .Go direct to your local garda stationa nd they do the proper police certificarte and finger prints for you and they state it is for visa purposes

its teh police cert they want for visa purposes. I finally got answers when I went directly to local police station. Get finger prints too

Oh great so I've applied for that already, do we definitely need prints? My station never asked me for any! Have you asked your agency or did you just ask in the Garda station?

It was another agency who said it not my current one so I jsut asked anyway . Its not stated in my current contract details so prob no need

Do you have any idea what hte luggae allowance is flying over?

I think it's 30kg if its the same as emirates, then 10kg carryon as well! But I'm not sure! That's good, I got my police cert in the post so I sent in in there. Are You going with adec too!? Which agency are you going with?

Thanks for that - hard to get answer on some things. I am going to ADVETI - you can check their website and i am going through teachaway.com All going well so far but still all seems surreal. Will be flying out 12 or 13 aug, not fully confimred yet. How about yourself?

I'm heading with Adec! Advetis public schools too isn't it but older kids? Or am I wrong? From reading the forums I noticed adveti seem to know more like about where theyre going, dates of dept etc! It seems more organised!

yes its public vocational school secondary. Any idea when youa re heading out/ What agency are you with? We can pm if you want to do more details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tigger30

I'm meant to be going with ADEC for middle school teaching. Starting to get a bit impatient with not knowing dates etc. I did my application through Teachanywhere. Have any of you gotten flight dates or received anything from ADEC since sending off your documentation? If so, how long did it take?

Advertisement