Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My favourite IP of this generation is ...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Thinking back over this generation, the game series I played the most and got the most enjoyment out of was probably Rock Band when it comes down to it.

Mass Effect and the Arkham games probably the other series in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I know there's only 2 games but I think Alan Wake is a fantastic I.P. From the weather and lighting effects to the narrative to the unconventional combat system.

I know they both had games years ago, but Batman and Transformers really came in to their own this gen.

I almost feel stupid for saying it but Mass Effect, obviously (horrible ending to three and all)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

valkyria chronicles is another one for me, i love those games to death
    I would've agreed with you, but they put the sequels on PSP so I can only form an opinion from the first game :pac:

Demons/Dark Souls I've only just gotten into, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the positive praise for it.

Skullgirls deserves a special mention for its animation.

Bastion deserves a special mention for being on every platform and still being good.

Gears of War is junk. Bad, bad junk. Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Gears of War is junk. Bad, bad junk. Blergh.

I wouldn't know because of the stupid rule of keeping it Xbox exclusive. crap like that will never make me get a console!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Gears 1 is on PC.

Pretty good game. Longest install time ever though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I like Demon/Dark Souls, I am brutal at them but its a challenge to say the least.
    Also the Resistance series I liked cos I can play CoOp with the girlfriend, she does like blasting aliens.
    Uncharted are cinematic brilliance also.
    And I agree there is no other place like 127.0.0.1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Really has to be Skyrim. No other IP really has the same scope or depth that I've encountered, and in terms of a game it was in itself incredibly vast and Im still playing through it without DLC and finding a bunch of things I havent done yet. Aside from that, there are entire volumes of reference material in the quests about other parts of Tamriel, mentions of the events of past games, etc. that the level of immersion is just unparalleled in the current generation. Only a few MMOs can claim to be in the same league but in fairness they aren't current gen titles, and one in particular seems to be slowly on its way down from greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Overheal wrote: »
    Really has to be Skyrim. No other IP really has the same scope or depth that I've encountered, and in terms of a game it was in itself incredibly vast and Im still playing through it without DLC and finding a bunch of things I havent done yet. Aside from that, there are entire volumes of reference material in the quests about other parts of Tamriel, mentions of the events of past games, etc. that the level of immersion is just unparalleled in the current generation. Only a few MMOs can claim to be in the same league but in fairness they aren't current gen titles, and one in particular seems to be slowly on its way down from greatness.

Is that really a new IP though? You could consider it the Elder Scrolls IP but that is just nitpicking really. I only put a few hours into, really need to get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Overheal wrote: »

I would not describe Skyrim as having depth. I enjoyed skyrim but not as much as morrowind or oblivion, maybe the novelty of the open world just wore off.
    Less customisation options and weapons than morrowind, the combat is fairly poor especially when compared to Dark souls, the stories and quests are poor when compared to the witcher 2 (the guild quests weren't up to oblivion's standard either imo). I don't even like the loot and leveling system and I really disliked enemies leveling with you.
    There's a lot of stuff in it, it's just none of that stuff is best in it's class.

Plus I wouldn't consider it a new IP, it's another elder scrolls game.

Advertisement