Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio design

• 19-03-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Looking for a bit of input on a small studio project. Building a small set up for myself over the next few months and looking to put together a small design.

I have the build size and am looking at the interior. Hoping to have a control room and a tracking room. Stupid question but wondering about the main window.

From experience should the console be facing through the main window to the tracking area with the pc screen to the side or the other way round. I will prob look at the screen more than an artist so am in two minds....

Any input welcome....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

personally i prefer a direct line of sight to the artist. unless you're editing between takes, why would you be spending more time looking at the screen? i'd think it better to give the artist full attention.

once your levels are set you can forget about the computer while doing takes (cept for new play lists & record)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

What L, W, H, measurements ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Cheers for the comments.. The building will be 9m x 7.5m. Not huge but will hopefully do..

I am swaying towards not looking at the performer while having a dedicated mixing area with large monitor... Am in 2 minds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Just glassed mine up. Have it set up to looking into live room. I prefer it that way.

And Height ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Height is 5.1 metres in total to the top of the pitched room...

Depending on what you want to use it for I think I'd be inclined to have a reduced ceiling height control room (say 2.5m) and leave the 'tracking' area full height.

Advertisement