Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 2 front screen replacement

• 19-03-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Sisters Ipad 2 took a fall during the week. At the bottom right of the ipad a tiny part of the glass has cracked. Everything else is fine. It's definitely just the front glass that needs replacing. I've asked a repair centre how much would it cost to fix and they said 90€. I've looked up amazon and came to this replacement front screen which only costs £23. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digitizer-Replacement-Adhesive-Version-Sky_Trading/dp/B008RVML60/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363728151&sr=8-3

Will this front screen do for the replacement? I wouldn't chance doing the repair myself but I'm thinking if I bring the screen to the repair centre that it will cost a lot less than the €90. Any advice welcomed, thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sisters Ipad 2 took a fall during the week. At the bottom right of the ipad a tiny part of the glass has cracked. Everything else is fine. It's definitely just the front glass that needs replacing. I've asked a repair centre how much would it cost to fix and they said 90€. I've looked up amazon and came to this replacement front screen which only costs £23. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digitizer-Replacement-Adhesive-Version-Sky_Trading/dp/B008RVML60/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363728151&sr=8-3

Will this front screen do for the replacement? I wouldn't chance doing the repair myself but I'm thinking if I bring the screen to the repair centre that it will cost a lot less than the €90. Any advice welcomed, thanks. :)

So basically they would be charging 60 Euro for the repair,why you think that is unreasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Not my Ipad Jack, and unfortunately it's €60 that she can't afford at the moment.:( In my opinion €60 is a lot for the repair that might come to an hours work at the most.

Any helpful advice would be great, thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Read the other thread here about getting an iPad screen replaced. It's easy to fcuk up and Cathal from irepair.iie has done 50 or 60 and still finds them difficult to do.

Advertisement