Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen iphone

• 19-03-2013 10:48pm

My bfs iPhone 5 64gb was stolen last week. He had just gotten out of a taxi during the day and got to his front door when he realised he had left it behind, rang it straight away but it was on silent so traced it on find my phone and pinged it. After a few seconds the phone got turned off. Against all odds we found the taxi man 2 hours later and asked him about the phone he relied sarcastically "Ah did you lose your phone what a shame". The rage. Have his taxi number and his name and address through other taxis who told us. He hasn't had it black listed just incase it got turned on. Is there any way to find out the location or number that is now using it with the imei number I would happily pay anyone. Has anyone ever gotten their phone back through reporting it stolen to the garda? It's gona cost 850e to replace and when you know who has your phone it's infuriating.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Give what info you have to the Gardai. It may not be the first phone "lost" in his taxi.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

This link might help http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=5500

And you could also make a report to the Carriage Office if you are sure the driver has the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Fair play using Find my iPhone. Visit iCloud.com, login and open find my iphone. You can set it up so that the next time it's turned on you'll get a location.

Assuming 3G was turned on, it'll connect as soon as it turns on, even with a passcode on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think you need 3G for find my iPhone to work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Can the endless number of (dodgy) mobile phone repair stores in Dublin not make a blacklisted phone active again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Can the endless number of (dodgy) mobile phone repair stores in Dublin not make a blacklisted phone active again?

No, if the phone was sim free it would be usable outside of Ireland but its not possible for anyone but the original network to whitelist a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trish85

I was wondering.... This question may have an obvious answer, but just to be sure.. Well, IF my iPhone 5 was stolen and the thief so happened to factory restore it AND change the SIM from another carrier, would it still be traceable? I've read many forums on stolen iphones, but I have yet to come across a question such as mine. Thank you for any input.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No once its restored your details will be removed and any chance if tracing it

Advertisement