Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to receive/make calls iphone 4S

• 19-03-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

My 4S has stopped making or receiving calls, Vodafone not at all helpful, as I bought the phone second hand and its out of warranty. Able to send texts and use data, when Vodafone called me back on the number, the phone rang, but not to any other caller since. Anyone point me in the right direction please.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi folks,

My 4S has stopped making or receiving calls, Vodafone not at all helpful, as I bought the phone second hand and its out of warranty. Able to send texts and use data, when Vodafone called me back on the number, the phone rang, but not to any other caller since. Anyone point me in the right direction please.

Cheers.

I think the reason is that the phone is blacklisted, the reasons could be was reported lost/stolen and claimed in the insurance or was bought on contact and they stopped paying the bill and carrier blocked it. If you give the carrier the IMEI number they should let you know if it's blacklisted. Only the original can get it removed from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Connachtbhoy

Thanks for your reply. If it was blacklsted, would you still see a full signal on the phone & be able to send/receive messages ?

Thanks for your reply. If it was blacklsted, would you still see a full signal on the phone & be able to send/receive messages ?

From reading on here, yes that's how it goes, in a while all will stop working.

EDITL where did you buy the phone and how much you paid for it? You should look into getting a refund.

Thanks, appreciate your help.
    Can you recommend any site to check the IMEI for black listing, as Vodafone wont give out that info for data protection reasons.

Thanks, appreciate your help.
    Can you recommend any site to check the IMEI for black listing, as Vodafone wont give out that info for data protection reasons.

I didn't think that should be a data protection, you only want to know if blacklisted, you are not asking them for details of the owner, you could try the Vodafone section on Talk To.. in Boards.

No idea of websites to check if blacklisted others here might be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I've used this site recently to check if a phone was unlocked or not. Says they can check blacklist as well
    http://www.imei.info/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe i'm jumping the gun here, but it sunds like you know you bought a hot iPhone. If so, serves you right. If not, hope it gets sorted.

Nope, not at all certain its stolen, was pretty sure it was sound when I bought it, as the seller was recommended to me and the phone worked fine. Gonna try the link posted by guil, hoping it may be a fault that can be fixed. If not, tough lesson learned.

Advertisement