Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Interruption - Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge 20th May

Options
  • 19-03-2013 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭

Fill yer baths ..............

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=621
    Kildare County Council advises that in order to facilitate essential upgrade works to the Leixlip Water Treatment Plant operated by Fingal County Council, residents in Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge, Straffan and surrounding areas may experience reduced water pressure and/or loss of supply between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm on Wednesday 20th March.
    Residents are urged to conserve water at all times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

RayCon wrote: »

Not good advice!

"Residents are urged to conserve water at all times."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Joe Public wrote: »
    RayCon wrote: »

Not good advice!

"Residents are urged to conserve water at all times."

Joe ...... I think filling a bath with water before it goes off is a reasonable thing TBH

More serious people .... think carefully before you do any washing or whatever during that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's low pressure for 12 hours when the majority of people are in school/work. I think we'll survive. Fill a couple of pots to boil your spuds when you get home.

Or maybe it's a precursor to the end of the world - better check my BOB :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Such short notice doesnt help businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Such short notice doesnt help businesses.
    In fairness, KCC tweeted it last week and put it on their website at the same time. They're quite good with thinks like this.
    Use @KildareCoCo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    In fairness, KCC tweeted it last week and put it on their website at the same time. They're quite good with thinks like this.
    Use @KildareCoCo

And facebook.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we never lost water or water pressure but I only found out on facebook ,they could have put local notices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Not enough notice?

Its like two months notice! How much more do you need?

Not enough notice?

Its like two months notice! How much more do you need?

They only put up the notice on their website 1 week before the outage, however, this was plenty of notice, anymore and people would have forgotten.

Also, I don't think anyone lost their water supply anyway so not like it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Karlitto wrote: »
    They only put up the notice on their website 1 week before the outage, .

look at thread title!!!

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    look at thread title!!!

.... ok smart arse, try checking the actual notification that kildare CoCo put up and not something a boards user has CLEARLY mistyped....

Here, since you are so lazy, have a link to it.

https://www.facebook.com/KildareCountyCouncil?fref=ts

On the right side, down about half way.

Or, if you are one of these muppets who just reads titles and comments, try looking at the actual content the OP has written.
    Kildare County Council advises that in order to facilitate essential upgrade works to the Leixlip Water Treatment Plant operated by Fingal County Council, residents in Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge, Straffan and surrounding areas may experience reduced water pressure and/or loss of supply between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm on Wednesday 20th March.
    Residents are urged to conserve water at all times.

Davidth88 wrote: »

Joe ...... I think filling a bath with water before it goes off is a reasonable thing TBH

More serious people .... think carefully before you do any washing or whatever during that period.

And what does everyone do with the bath full of water when the scare is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

And what does everyone do with the bath full of water when the scare is over?

Throw in a few buckets of ice and dive right in. No pain no gain!:D

Seriously though, you're right in that filling the bath is not the best thing to do for a few reasons.

1. Most baths get hot and cold water from the attic tank. Most people don't clean these tanks and the result is years worth of gunk/dead bugs etc is now inside that tank. This is not safe drinking water. Same goes for all bathroom/bedroom sinks unless taken directly off the mains.

2. Most baths see an interesting variety and mix of bodily/cleaning fluids etc go through them at some stage, would you really want to drink out of it?

Easiest thing is to fill up a few pans or bottles from the kitchen sink (fresh mains water) and maybe a bucket or 2 to refill the toilet cistern. (And only flush when you really have to!:D)

Anyway, the 'crisis' must have been averted as I didn't notice any disruption.:)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

I know that Teas and Treasurers in Straffan had to close their restaurant last Wednesday due to lack of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Karlitto wrote: »
    .... ok smart arse, try checking the actual notification that kildare CoCo put up and not something a boards user has CLEARLY mistyped....

er...ok

think you might have aimed that at the wrong person...I simply pointed out why the other poster thought it was two months away

Advertisement