Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

colt 1911 goldcup .22 changing sights.

Options
  • 19-03-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Hey all , love the 1911 platform, an I think the Walther 22 version is actually pretty good for the money. I went for the gold cup v, I know the rail gun has the front dot sight.Has anyone got an idea if the sights can be changed from rail to gold cup?, I can easily buy the rail gun front sight online Ive heard that the sights ain't interchangeable with cf 1911's.I know painting on a white dot can work but wouldn't mind buying one which already has it on it.

Any help greatly appreciated! :D

Also has anyone got a Kimber rimfire target 1911 .22?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

The Gold Cup and Rail Gun in .22 appear to be different front dove tail dimensions,but hard to tell. The Government and the Gold Cup appear to have the same front dove tail dimension (the Rail Gun possibly cut deeper). Also the sight on the Rail Gun is lower profile, the Gold Cup higher profile to go with the target rear.

Dawson sells decent front sights for the Colt and .22 types. You can try and contact them via email or phone, they might be able to help advise if you cannot find any answers locally.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT:Colt+Front+Sights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Steve012 wrote: »
    Hey all , love the 1911 platform, an I think the Walther 22 version is actually pretty good for the money. I went for the gold cup v, I know the rail gun has the front dot sight.Has anyone got an idea if the sights can be changed from rail to gold cup?, I can easily buy the rail gun front sight online Ive heard that the sights ain't interchangeable with cf 1911's.I know painting on a white dot can work but wouldn't mind buying one which already has it on it.

Any help greatly appreciated! :D

Also has anyone got a Kimber rimfire target 1911 .22?

The rail gun and gold cup are indeed different dovetail sizes and are not interchangeable. Just use a bit of tip X and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Cheers folks!

Advertisement