Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iguazu Falls

• 20-03-2013 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi folks, just a quick question for people who have stayed here as I'm going there next month as part of a holiday to SA.
    We will be staying one night on the Argentinian side and next day travel to the Brazilian side. My question is it worth staying on the Brazilian side or would we be better off just get up early on the second day and get a bus to the BRazilian side but come back to our Argentinian side hotel that nite as we will then be flying onto Rio.
    Also anyone any good places to stay in around here?.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I was there a few years ago now, but I remember there being an amazing hostel (its more like an upscale resorty kinda place ) on the Argentinian side a few km's out of town, but its no bother getting back in. Its called Hostel Inn or something like that.

The Argentine town (Puerto Iguazu) is a lot nicer than Foz de Iguazu (the Brazilian border town) if I remember correctly too.

Doing a day hop from one side of the border to the other is no problem, they stamp your visa and you leg it over and back.

I think the views are better on the Brazilian side, while you can get almost right into the falls on the Argentine side (apart from one viewing platform on the Brazilian side which is practically in the heart of the biggest 'fall, and would never last in Europe, Health and Safety would never allow it but that's the beauty of SA for ya :-) )

Also, do the jet boat tour, its worth the cash. And if you get the chance you HAVE to go to Mendoza while in Argentina. Its heaven on earth.

Enjoy SA, its an amazing place, I really treasure the memory of my time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

i wouldn't bother staying on the Brazilian side, i felt puerto iguazu was a lot nicer and laid back, i also preferred the falls from the argentinian side. http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/The-Hostel-Inn-Iguazu-Falls/Puerto-Iguazu/3798?dateFrom=22+Mar+2013&dateTo=25+Mar+2013&sc_sau=avdc&sc_pos=4 this is the hostel i stayed in at it was class id say its the same one vinylbomb is takin about, and as vinylbomb said the boat tour is an absolute must as long as you dont mind gettin a bit wet!

Advertisement