Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nacewa to retire at end of the season

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What a massive loss to our team.

From what I remembered, he had a year to go after this season on his contract. Is there any true reason as to his early departure?

Irrespective, he's going to be a massive loss to the team and I will miss him greatly !

He's done an amazing bit of work for Leinster over the years and it will never be forgotten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I didn't see that one coming, huge loss to Leinster :(

Tremendous player, from slogging away in the Celtic League during the Internationals to putting in massive performances in the big games, he never let us down.

I always think of this quote of his when I'm in the RDS - We'll miss ya, Isa!
    “I love the RDS, I love the little picket fence around the outside, I’ve got friends staying at the moment and they loved it; everyone singing along. They haven’t been to a game like that in New Zealand for 10 years.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Skid X wrote: »
    I didn't see that one coming, huge loss to Leinster :(

Tremendous player, from slogging away in the Celtic League during the Internationals to putting in massive performances in the big games, he never let us down.

I always think of this quote of his when I'm in the RDS - We'll miss ya, Isa!
    Stop it, I'm getting misty :(

Really going to miss the legend that is Isa Nacewa. Such an amazing player and a real gent. It's hard to think we'd ever get anyone like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Delighted to see the back of this guy. What a signing he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rightwing wrote: »
    Delighted to see the back of this guy. What a signing he was.

Confused much? Or Munster much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Still devastated. Hope all is OK. My guess is he just wants his kids to be in school in NZ from day 1, and I hope the "family issues" are as trivial as that.
    Larbre34 wrote: »

Or any other team in Europe much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Larbre34 wrote: »

To avoid confusion, yes, a great player, 1 less to worry about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Always a pleasure to see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Wow, didn't see that retirement coming. He'll be a huge loss for Leinster. Really thought he'd be there for another 2/3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Too soon?

t9gjmh.jpg

Is he one of your clients Frankie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Super player - gave Leinster a bit of magic , when we needed it in tight matches - and sound as a pound of the pitch - best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Leinster team-mates have described him glowingly as one of the best, and in some cases the best player they have ever played with

So some Leinster players rate him higher than BOD. Interesting.

Class bloke on and off the pitch. Wish him all the best in retirement. Big loss to the set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Leinster13

I live abroad so don't get much chance to see Leinster play but went to see Leinster in Donnybrook a couple of years ago with my son. Isa wasn't playing but after the match I spotted him down on the touch line - shouted 'Isa' - over he came posed for the pictures with my boy, really polite and friendly. Made my son's day (and mine!). A true gent and a fabulous player.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Aidric wrote: »
    So some Leinster players rate him higher than BOD. Interesting.

Unless of course BOD was the one to say "best"....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

molloyjh wrote: »

Unless of course BOD was the one to say "best"....

That's what I took from it too. They had to cover off what Drico had to say...

• Advertisement
Advertisement