Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun gaurd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

matty1994 wrote: »

Depends on the site really, although it'll just mean your oponents will be aiming for softer more exposed areas;)

Depends on the site really, although it'll just mean your oponents will be aiming for softer more exposed areas;)

ah i was wondering if it was allowed or not, even if it isnt ill just use it as a show piece:P and yeah thats true;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

ah i was wondering if it was allowed or not, even if it isnt ill just use it as a show piece:P and yeah thats true;)

It will probobly count as a gun hit so theres not alot to gain, I asked before about it and to be honest it seems easier not to have one, its also harder to duck behind cover with something sticking out of the gun.

i just think it looks cool, it may not be very useful but sure does look cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Can't speak for any others, but in my local site we often play normal skirmish games in which gun hits, though called, do not knock out your gun. So on that basis I would think the shield would not be allowed as you would have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. It might be acceptable in a game where gun hits are in play, maybe. Personally wouldn't like to see stuff like this creeping in in any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brugmand

just looked at the gard it looks rather hard to get to the grip of the gun

brugmand wrote: »
    just looked at the gard it looks rather hard to get to the grip of the gun
    Its actually quite easy, you can grip the mag or hand guard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It depends solely on the site, and the type of games they play (as well as associated rules etc)

To be honest, I can't see it going down well. At least a riot shield stops you from shooting as much, whereas this kind of combines two very annoying styles of play. Yes there are ways around it, but you're talking about a lot of irritated people for very little gain as far as the games are concerned. I love to see people pushing boundaries as far as equipment goes, as it can have a very beneficial effect on games...but I have my doubts on this one.

The way that riot shield rules normally work is that when you're hit, the shield is dropped where you were, and you return to respawn. This allows the enemy to capitalise on their successful elimination of the wielder, and gives them the shield to use. This has the negative effect for it also being your rifle - would you be comfortable with others using your rifle like that? That's just one of the rules I could see being added, if it were to be allowed.

Personally I see things like that as a cool idea, but the equivalent of "No, I'm not hit because I've got armour plating inside my vest" - for the sake of ease, a hit (even if it's just on the tip of your toe) is fatal, no matter how many forcefields you have :D

Cool looking gun though!

Inari wrote: »
    It depends solely on the site, and the type of games they play (as well as associated rules etc)

To be honest, I can't see it going down well. At least a riot shield stops you from shooting as much, whereas this kind of combines two very annoying styles of play. Yes there are ways around it, but you're talking about a lot of irritated people for very little gain as far as the games are concerned. I love to see people pushing boundaries as far as equipment goes, as it can have a very beneficial effect on games...but I have my doubts on this one.

The way that riot shield rules normally work is that when you're hit, the shield is dropped where you were, and you return to respawn. This allows the enemy to capitalise on their successful elimination of the wielder, and gives them the shield to use. This has the negative effect for it also being your rifle - would you be comfortable with others using your rifle like that? That's just one of the rules I could see being added, if it were to be allowed.

Personally I see things like that as a cool idea, but the equivalent of "No, I'm not hit because I've got armour plating inside my vest" - for the sake of ease, a hit (even if it's just on the tip of your toe) is fatal, no matter how many forcefields you have :D

Cool looking gun though!
    I was playing army of two on ps3 with a mate and thats where i got the idea, didnt really care if it would work or not, was just the fact of having one, i thought it would work for door entrys because you only need to peak your head out and this would stop incoming bb's but if its not allowed to be used in a game i will just keep it as a wow factor on the gun:P + i made it to be easily and quickly detached:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I was playing army of two on ps3 with a mate and thats where i got the idea, didnt really care if it would work or not, was just the fact of having one, i thought it would work for door entrys because you only need to peak your head out and this would stop incoming bb's but if its not allowed to be used in a game i will just keep it as a wow factor on the gun:P + i made it to be easily and quickly detached:P

Check with the site owners for the sites you play at - they're the only ones who'll be able to give you a categorical and definitive answer :)

Inari wrote: »

Check with the site owners for the sites you play at - they're the only ones who'll be able to give you a categorical and definitive answer :)
    Well tbh if its going to annoy other players i think ill leave it off,but thanks for the input:) btw will you check out the camo i did on my l96, want to get a few opinions on it:P

Advertisement