Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study?

• 20-03-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there, I'm doing my leaving cert this year but I have been suffering severe back problems since November, I have just undergone urgent surgery on my back and I am not allowed sit for over 10 minutes for 6 weeks nor lift/bend, so as you can probably understand studying is proving impossible, has anybody any tips on what i can try and study I have my orals just after Easter and I have been unable to go to school for around 6 weeks altogether now, so any tips would be appreciated!
    Thank you so much!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

RoisinMD wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm doing my leaving cert this year but I have been suffering severe back problems since November, I have just undergone urgent surgery on my back and I am not allowed sit for over 10 minutes for 6 weeks nor lift/bend, so as you can probably understand studying is proving impossible, has anybody any tips on what i can try and study I have my orals just after Easter and I have been unable to go to school for around 6 weeks altogether now, so any tips would be appreciated!
    Thank you so much!!
    For orals, take your notes and record yourself saying them, play them back whilst walking around wherever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

yea i agree with the last poster , you could record yourself while walking around , its so unfortunate and i hope you are better soon but to put it nicely i actually think its handy timing now because you are focusing on oral , its easier to do oral not sitting down for hours so try not to worry too much , you could just basically talk to yourself all the time while walking around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

Thanks guys, I will try this!! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

HugsiePie wrote: »
    For orals, take your notes and record yourself saying them, play them back whilst walking around wherever.
    It's a very good idea, and if you have some friends who would be prepared to record some notes and bits for you as well, both for the orals and otherwise, that would be a great help.

And they would be doing a bit of revision themselves as well while preparing them for you, so it wouldn't entirely be a one-way street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 masseyf135

Can anyone tell me is it too late for me to get around 480 points in the LC. I have only started to study properly and my mocks were the worst set of exams i have ever done as I failed six out of seven subjects. I'm generally a B student, I know my mocks dont show it but i really did nothing for them so is it possible for me to get 480 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 RoisinMD

well I've only started to study properly too, granted I'm not aiming for 480 points, but less. I don't see why if you start studying hard now, its within your reach, just use your time efficentely, and what happens, happens :)
    Best Of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

masseyf135 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is it too late for me to get around 480 points in the LC. I have only started to study properly and my mocks were the worst set of exams i have ever done as I failed six out of seven subjects. I'm generally a B student, I know my mocks dont show it but i really did nothing for them so is it possible for me to get 480 points.
    If you put in the work from now till then it is possible I know a girl last year who failed all her mocks (because of personal reasons, she had a baby etc) and manged to get high in the 400's for the real thing. It all depends on the amount of work you put in from them till now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Eoin247

masseyf135 wrote: »
    Only you can answer that. Some people would be capable of that some wont. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but if you haven't done any study all year it's unlikely that you will do a whole lot until June.

It's a lot harder to cram the course for the LC than the JC.

Thanks for the replies I dont actually need 480 I'd just like to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I know someone who got somewhere around 300 points in the mocks last year and ended up getting just over 500 in the actual Leaving so it is certainly very possible for you if you put the study in :D

• Advertisement

thanks Im doing the work now its just that my mocks were so bad and so unlike me

Advertisement