Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 2 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

_rebelkid wrote: »

Not according to team radio, convo with Mark was about the engine mode, told to use "Multi 21".

Don't remember that but multi 21 means driver 2 stays ahead of driver 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

246196.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Very early in the season for Seb to burn his bridges. I hope for his sake he doesn't need Mark's help towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lawlesz wrote: »

Its not a fair race though, if Webber obeys team orders and turns down his engine, only for Vettel to ignore this and attack him.

Apparently Vettel has issued an apology. Easy way out really, easy to issue an apology after the incident when the points are in the bag.

He can hardly issue an apology before an incident??:-S

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    He defended his position for a lap...a full lap and pushed Vettle very wide at one stage.

Turns 1-4 ain't a full lap. Vettel had also been told to stop using KERS the way he was, that along with the DRS gave him an advantage over Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just seen a replay of Webber running Vettle off the road. They have history obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Final Timing Screen:
    BGHSPA6CEAARgI8.png:large

Lap Chart:
    BGHTWCcCYAA2VAw.png:large

Speed Trap:
    BGHTfibCcAAnZW-.png:large

Weather Info:
    BGHS606CIAAY2FK.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

246199.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

if he know he has to issue an apology, surely he would know not to do it in the first place :rolleyes:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Just seen a replay of Webber running Vettle off the road. They have history obviously.

Dont know what you saw but that's universally regarded as being Sebs fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

the most important point here is that the team is only worried about the team and winning the constructors championship. These clashes of egos will be resolved behind closed doors. Will it come back and bite them in the arse later in the season, who knows? I wish I did, i would be onto the bookies double quick.

Hopefully this will permeate through the season and we will see further fireworks between team mates, and also see others creating tension.

2013 season, I'm loving it! :D

Seen the replay of Alonso's exit. Hopefully not too many more of those this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

You really need to watch that incident again!

Ross Brawn saying "i hope Nico knows that it works both ways."

Nico interview with Natalie Pinkham of Sky Sports F1:

It's nice to hear that from Lewis. Fairplay from me, going with the team. I respected the teams decision today. We've had a hard time over the last few years, today was a good result.

I understand I drive for Mercedes, and for team at home who put their lives into the cars. I'm happy to get good result for the team. Of course, I want to be going flat out but that time will come.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So all you guys giving Vettel a lashing ill ask you this,

Do you like,condone team orders?

For once a driver gives two fingers to team orders and he is ridiculed for it and by the same people ive seen on here give out fcuk like me about team orders.
    Call him whatever you like,atleast he is man enough to say fcuk team orders and race, he is a born racer, his record proves this yet so called F1 race fans ridicule him for it?
    As an avid F1 fan of 30+ years i think its great to see Vettel ignore team orders,a natural born racer doesnt give two flying fcuks what people think of them, their only desire is to race bloody hard and WIN!!
    Ofcourse im being greedy here as i want to see racers race hard @ 100% before any team orders, crucify me for it if you will but im a racing fan before anything else and its against what i believe in racing terms to not applaud a guy man enough to give two fingers to team orders.

Its only unfortunate Mark was on the receiving end, i feel for the guy , he never get the rub of green ever!

Dont know what you saw but that's universally regarded as being Sebs fault
    recyclebin wrote: »
    You really need to watch that incident again!

It was Turkey 2010. Sebs fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Can I ask a stupid question?

Why are so many people abusing vettel? Isn't motor racing a solo sport first and foremost and then a team sport secondly...like horse racing. If a trainer told a jockey to let another horse from the stable win there would be war, but going on the comments here its seemingly encouraged?

Takes a lot of shine off the "sport" tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Red Bull: Look clearly there is a 1 2 system at mercedes we don't have that here.

Mercedes: You know our racers are good team players, they get along, they are both good guys.

:D meow! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Why are so many people abusing vettel? Isn't motor racing a solo sport first and foremost and then a team sport secondly...like horse racing. If a trainer told a jockey to let another horse from the stable win there would be war, but going on the comments here its seemingly encouraged?

Takes a lot of shine of the "sport" tbh

i think because its more like if a trainer told a jockey slow it down and he did and a faster jockey from the same stable over takes him ignoring the slow down order...

i agree they should be racing but Webber wasn't given the same chance in that fight. and thats why vettels getting the attacks

2 Red Bull PR's tried to talk to Seb and Mark before the Press Conference with Written Media, obviously to tell them to keep quiet. BUT, the FIA blocked their way, as they aren't allowed in the conference room, only the drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Obviously. But if you bothered to read the rest of my post I finished it wth "when the points are in the bag". It makes it a lot easier to apologise when you've got full points. He shouldn't be doing all these sh***y things in the first place

It's not a stupid question at all. It is motor racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Dcully wrote: »
    a natural born racer doesn't give two flying fcuks what people think of them, their only desire is to race bloody hard and WIN!!

+1

Couldn't agree more, come the end of the season those points could be the difference between the Drivers Title and second place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Dcully wrote: »
    So all you guys giving Vettel a lashing ill ask you this,

Do you like,condone team orders?

For once a driver gives two fingers to team orders and he is ridiculed for it and by the same people ive seen on here give out fcuk like me about team orders.
    Call him whatever you like,atleast he is man enough to say fcuk team orders and race, he is a born racer, his record proves this yet so called F1 race fans ridicule him for it?
    As an avid F1 fan of 30+ years i think its great to see Vettel ignore team orders,a natural born racer doesnt give two flying fcuks what people think of them, their only desire is to race bloody hard and WIN!!
    Ofcourse im being greedy here as i want to see racers race hard @ 100% before any team orders, crucify me for it if you will but im a racing fan before anything else and its against what i believe in racing terms to not applaud a guy man enough to give two fingers to team orders.

Its only unfortunate Mark was on the receiving end, i feel for the guy , he never get the rub of green ever!

it is not the fact that vettel say fcuk team order, that i have no problem with but it is the fact that he did it underhand.. Had he said over the radio, 'Mark just to let you know I'm going to race for this' then there wouldn't be any this happening would it?? big difference if you can actually see it

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

ARGINITE wrote: »
    +1

Couldn't agree more, come the end of the season those points could be the difference between the Drivers Title and second place.

Vettle has the same attitude as Schuy and Senna. Some will love them and others will love them for giving the politics of the sport the two fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sebs tone of voice in the earlier radio call telling the team to get webber out of his way said it all for me. disgusting.
    Webber. Straight as can be. No bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No, f1 is all about the team, at least from their point of view. No one (in the business) really cares that much about their drivers winning the championship, its the team champ that has the all important money and rightly or wrongly in modern f1 thats their primarly goal.
    Yes a team with a driver winning the driver champ is highly likely to win the team champ too but I doubt they really give excess thought to that tbh

What an anticlimax, but I guess the race ended with plenty of talking points.

I thought/hoped that massa was returning to his best but even though he seemed to have fairly good pace, he just couldn't make it happen in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i agree they should be racing but Webber wasn't given the same chance in that fight. and thats why vettels getting the attacks

Could he not have passed Vettel back? They were driving the same car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Vettel totally misjudging the situation, looked like Mark could have kept racing him and pushed him wider at the final overtake but backed off

Team orders not great to have in the sport but it is allowed so fair enough if teams use them, Redbull probably needed to be firmer with Vettel on the radio like Ross was with Nico, wonder could they have talked him into giving the place back :pac:

Can understand it being hard for Vettel to read the situation from inside the car but he's obviously realised he cheated Mark if he's apologising now

Second driver having DRS will always give the second driver an advantage in situations like this too

Advertisement