Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013: Round 2 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Dcully wrote: »
    So all you guys giving Vettel a lashing ill ask you this,

Do you like,condone team orders?

For once a driver gives two fingers to team orders and he is ridiculed for it and by the same people ive seen on here give out fcuk like me about team orders.
    Call him whatever you like,atleast he is man enough to say fcuk team orders and race, he is a born racer, his record proves this yet so called F1 race fans ridicule him for it?
    As an avid F1 fan of 30+ years i think its great to see Vettel ignore team orders,a natural born racer doesnt give two flying fcuks what people think of them, their only desire is to race bloody hard and WIN!!
    Ofcourse im being greedy here as i want to see racers race hard @ 100% before any team orders, crucify me for it if you will but im a racing fan before anything else and its against what i believe in racing terms to not applaud a guy man enough to give two fingers to team orders.

Its only unfortunate Mark was on the receiving end, i feel for the guy , he never get the rub of green ever!

spot on Cully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Could he not have passed Vettel back? They were driving the same car!

One seems to respect the orders given, the other doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Sky interview with Mark, I've never in my life seen someone try to bite their tongue so much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Mark looks close to tears. He sounds almost like he's speaking English as a second language, he's so uncomfortable with what he's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

No, f1 is all about the team, at least from their point of view. No one (in the business) really cares that much about their drivers winning the championship, its the team champ that has the all important money and rightly or wrongly in modern f1 thats their primarly goal.
    Yes a team with a driver winning the driver champ is highly likely to win the team champ too but I doubt they really give excess thought to that tbh

McLaren don't do team orders though generally, all about getting wins

• Advertisement

but he's obviously realised he cheated Mark if he's apologising now

Doubt it just redbull pr BS

McLaren don't do team orders though generally, all about getting wins

yeah and when's the last time they've won a manufacturers championship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

EnterNow wrote: »

One wins, the other comes somewhere else when the season ends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dead right not to , any true racing fan would applaud him for it instead of pulling the respect and fair play card.

ARGINITE wrote: »
    One wins, the other comes somewhere else when the season ends.

You asked a question, I answered it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Did Seb just say he didn't realise there were orders in place?!

Dead right not to , any true racing fan would applaud him for it instead of pulling the respect and fair play card.

What is Vettel apologising for?

Lets not forget that if it was any other driver, Webber could have run him off the road when he let him past

Silverstone 2011 Mark didn't obey team orders and was applauded at the time, same old ****e on this forum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

For being childish hopefully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

most likely playing team orders when it doesnt hurt him, gotta love a racer willing to win at any cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

So all you guys giving Vettel a lashing ill ask you this,

Do you like,condone team orders?

For once a driver gives two fingers to team orders and he is ridiculed for it and by the same people ive seen on here give out fcuk like me about team orders.
    Call him whatever you like,atleast he is man enough to say fcuk team orders and race, he is a born racer, his record proves this yet so called F1 race fans ridicule him for it?
    As an avid F1 fan of 30+ years i think its great to see Vettel ignore team orders,a natural born racer doesnt give two flying fcuks what people think of them, their only desire is to race bloody hard and WIN!!
    Ofcourse im being greedy here as i want to see racers race hard @ 100% before any team orders, crucify me for it if you will but im a racing fan before anything else and its against what i believe in racing terms to not applaud a guy man enough to give two fingers to team orders.

Its only unfortunate Mark was on the receiving end, i feel for the guy , he never get the rub of green ever!

Come on, have a bit of common sense here. Most people are against team orders. But Vettel isnt saying fcuk teams orders. Earlier in the race he wanted Mark to be ordered to let him pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Probably to massage some bruised egos and fans of F1 who like team orders.

Come off it, his body language in the post-race room & on the podium tells me everything I need to know about how he feels about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Post race comments
    Vettel:
    "I don't care about the criticism. I owe an explanation to Mark and the team and that's it. For sure it's not a victory I'm very proud of because it should have been Mark's."
    Webber:
    I turned the engine down and was reassured twice that we would not use the cars against each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Sounds like he didnt know Webber had turned his engine down, rather than apologizing for disobeying team orders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Why is Vettel apologising if he didn't hear the team orders?

I don't like team orders but you either have them or you don't and you can't chose to ignore them if it suits you. That is why most people on here are bashing Vettel. You can't defend him for what he did.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Probably to massage some bruised egos and fans of F1 who like team orders.

Because Vettel never benefited from team orders in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Vettel shouldn't have sucker-punched Weber but Weber should have fought Vettel to the end. If Vettel chose to throw team orders out of the window that knife could have cut both ways but Mark threw in the towel as soon as Vettel got past. How seriously Red Bull now deal with the infraction determines how much authority their team orders deserve to carry. If it's just a tut-tut Sebastien then their orders don't hold much weight at all when it comes down to it.

What Mercedes did to Rosberg was a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Grim. wrote: »
    yeah and when's the last time they've won a manufacturers championship

98? but team orders were banned for a good few years and have lack of team orders really hurt the team in the manufacturers championship, team orders mainly used to help win a drivers championship in any case unless drivers running each other off the road.

Because Vettel never benefited from team orders in the past?

Are you for team orders or not? I'm against any team orders. Racers should be allowed race. Webber defended his position.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Are you for team orders or not? I'm against any team orders. Racers should be allowed race. Webber defended his position.

Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant, they are legal at the moment so are something we have to accept. And nevertheless, Vettel is perfectly happy to benefit from them but doesn't like following them it seems

Goldstein wrote: »

I've always admired Hamilton as a racing driver and would hope he has not got some clause in his contract that he is number 1. Let the guys race and see who is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Goldstein wrote: »
    Vettel shouldn't have sucker-punched Weber but Weber should have fought Vettel to the end. If Vettel chose to throw team orders out of the window that knife could have cut both ways but Mark threw in the towel as soon as Vettel got past. How seriously Red Bull now deal with the infraction determines how much authority their team orders deserve to carry. If it's just a tut-tut Sebastien then their orders don't hold much weight at all when it comes down to it.

So telling Lewis to push 100% for an entire stint and then making him save fuel for the rest of the race is called what exactly?

Simply evened up their own error imo.

• Advertisement

Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant, they are legal at the moment so are something we have to accept. And nevertheless, Vettel is perfectly happy to benefit from them but doesn't like following them it seems

Actually no as fans we don't have to accept them at all. How can you be a fan of motor racing and accept team orders? Senna said it best when he described carting as "pure driving". Personally I've seen enough politics in the sport and would like to see "pure driving".

Advertisement