Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Takeover

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If I was getting married I can't imagine doing a wedding list with a furniture shop - I'll be surprised if they secure even a few couples for that project. And not to be a negative Nellie but the viral video looks crap! The only message I got from it was 'we don't deliver'!!

Just switched on - what's the name of this place?

McNulty's, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Giving away money was such a silly idea. Why not give fake tenners that give you 10% off. With about 5 real tenners thrown in to the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Another 1000!

How parochial can you get???!!! The priest blessing the place. What was that about the sellers in the temple?!

• Advertisement

Ah get someone famous not the oul priest

Couldn't they have given away some of the old furniture!? Numpties.

What was the point of giving away the 1,000 euro prize?

They clearly think they have to bribe people to shop there, or even to throw them a 'like' on Facebook. Very strange way of going about things IMO. They could've given away a suite of furniture, at cost price it would've cost less than the €1000 cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dee_mc wrote: »
    They clearly think they have to bribe people to shop there, or even to throw them a 'like' on Facebook. Very strange way of going about things IMO. They could've given away a suite of furniture, at cost price it would've cost less than the €1000 cash.

Yeah a €1000 voucher for McNulty's

• Advertisement

That girl (with curly hair) has a very strange accent!!!!!!

I think the viral is actually quite good - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHuTMyaCrQ

I think the giving away of money was just plain STUPID! At a push i would be okay if it was a tenner, PLUS a voucher for 10% off purchases in Mcnulty's.

amdublin wrote: »
    That girl (with curly hair) has a very strange accent!!!!!!

Bit of an American twang?

She's very calm and eloquent

P45 for the one giving away the hard earned 2k

Well fair play to them for signing up 31 for wedding lists, I didn't think there was a market for that idea at all! He seems like a nice man to work for, hope the business does well for them in the future.

Anyone switching over to Ceiliúradh?

I am enjoying it :)

Toddles off to find thread for Ceiliúradh

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone switching over to Ceiliúradh?

I am enjoying it :)

Toddles off to find thread for Ceiliúradh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057187558

No one watching the waldorf one?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I use get bus outside there every day and never noticed the place!!!

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I use get bus outside there every day and never noticed the place!!!

I've always seen it. I would have thought they were raking it in!

• Advertisement

The pr team/that blonde girl was great at hosting the fashion show

Don't see why I would walk from IFSC to Westmoreland st especially with no appointment, would take 3 hours!
    I used to go to Shepards years back, was behind BTs, where the car park is now, then they moved to first floor on Wicklow St, I never went back coz I couldn't see how busy it was. A lot to be said for road frontage so you have to do something to get the punters in, I liked the window display, was that a vacant lot they created the window in?

I think it's a really bad idea not to have gone the appointments route...

Just catching up now, I like their image! Great idea to have a concession in Clery's, fair play to them :)

That young bloke (sounded like a Dundalk accent) had some very good ideas. The showcase Was a nice change from " let's create a hilarious video and hope it goes viral" which always bombs. I don't really see what help Nora gives, "I am not here to manage" but I will write on the whiteboard, sneak off to show the owners what you've been up to half way through and moan when u have already made decisions I don't like.
    Must say I did enjoy the series tho for all my moaning!

That young bloke (sounded like a Dundalk accent) had some very good ideas.

I think I've said it every week of the show but they're very lucky to have such enthusiastic staff. Really enjoyed the series, especially last week's episode in the clothes shop in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Really surprised they didn't go down the appointment route. That was the one idea by far that would have generated more revenue.

Very few people have the time to wait 1hr+ for a service. What really surprised me was they didn't trial the system for 2 weeks or so and then make an informed decision.

It's a fantastic business and the staff are great but what a missed opportunity.

Yes it is so strange.

Or if they even did some kind of waiting system. e.g. you arrive take a number, and depending on how many in front of you that you could go off for half hour and come back etc.

• Advertisement

Almost identical show to this on now on channel 4, with Illery the Vay playing Norah Casey, wonder did rte get a few bob for sling the format?

Running the Shop see's staff take over a business from their employer for 3 weeks. Can they turn round the fortunes of the business or will they balls it up even more?

Advertisement