Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding advice

Options
  • 20-03-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I have a daughter who is 7 weeks old and have been blessed with her sleeping thru since 3 weeks.

This last week she has been having 5 oz bottles and would drink them except the last one!

However she is also sleeping longer at night now 21:00 - 07:00

When she wakes she only takes maybe 2 oz but then is looking for a bottle again after two hours!

How can I get out of this habit? Also as she is now sleeping longer at night she is missing out a bottle so now only taking four bottles of 5oz.

I'm gonna try giving 6 oz today and see how it goes.

Basically how can I get the 5th bottle into her or should I not worry ,

How can encourage her to take a full morning bottle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

You can check the average daily amount your baby should have, I believe weight in pounds x2 should give you the lower amount you should aim for. In how many bottles that depends on the baby's routine, but she's a bit young yet for a strick routine maybe.
    Does she stop drinking because she gets sleepy, cranky or nosy? The reason why she stops at 2oz will give you the solution, if she gets cranky she might have loads of trapped winds which makes her feel full?? She might be getting more aware of her surroundings, and aster a long sleep wants to look around her... would she take the rest of the bottle after playing for a half hour maybe? I know its more convenient for us to have them on a set schedule, its more predictable but unfortunately children are anything but predictable!
    If she stops for no apparent reason, then maybe she is just not as hungry at those times so I would keep giving her whatever she takes and as you said, try and increase the bottles that she finishes.

Advertisement