Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Latitude E6410 Docking issue

Options
  • 20-03-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a latitude E6410 that just wont adjust hardware profiles correctly. When the machine is turned on and i dock it, the display stays on the laptop screen and i have to manually set the output to the monitors. Same when im removing it.

If its off and i dock it and boot up then it displays straight to the screens?

Updated the Chipset, Graphics drivers and still nothing. Any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paco451

anyone looking for a solution to this, xp lets you edit hardware profiles. win 7 doesnt have that feature. i basically played around with the hardware profile for a while and it eventually went back to default

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is all the Dell software fully installed? There may be a Dell driver or program on the driver page that controls this functionality

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paco451

i checked everything. All drivers were up to date and all components seemed to be ok.

Advertisement