Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options
  • 20-03-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Has anybody from the expo heard back from tarpon energy yet?
    The waiting is killing me! Just want to know if they have sent out emails yet because I know some companies don't reply of there not interested and I don't want to be left hanging!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

My boyfriend got a call Friday from Tarpon and has an interview tomorrow with them. They could be ringing you soon. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Thanks for the reply. My papers have been sent to the AIT for approval. Got email from tarpon Thursday last. No interview or phone call. Has he got 72 months experience? Looks like they're interviewing some and not others??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

I don't know if he has 72 months to be honest, but he has 9000 hours. Not too sure about the requirements, he wasn't told too much about it, guess he will know more this evening. But if they have sent your AIT already, then you are probably away with it. He has to have an interview first before he sends off the AIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

lovemytea wrote: »
    I don't know if he has 72 months to be honest, but he has 9000 hours. Not too sure about the requirements, he wasn't told too much about it, guess he will know more this evening. But if they have sent your AIT already, then you are probably away with it. He has to have an interview first before he sends off the AIT.

I sent you a pm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fran.the.man

m.j.w wrote: »

I sent you a pm there!
    Hi I got the cal for interview too, can I ask have you been offered work through just email??

• Advertisement

Hi I got the cal for interview too, can I ask have you been offered work through just email??
    Any idea questions that will be asked??

I was recommended to them so they put my stuff straight through. Not sure what happens yet. Just wait I suppose.

I was recommended to them so they put my stuff straight through. Not sure what happens yet. Just wait I suppose.
    Thats awesome, you are a step ahead of us who got interviewed, if we did well on interview then are paperwork will be put forward. Have they told you how soon they want you over??

No they're very hard to get in contact with. Not sure what's going on but from what I've heard there is no camp work being offered. The fella I know over there isn't on camp and I thought he was.

No they're very hard to get in contact with. Not sure what's going on but from what I've heard there is no camp work being offered. The fella I know over there isn't on camp and I thought he was.
    Camp work??
    From what they told me, they are looking to get people over in three weeks, they didn't specify the work but the questions where very much large industrial project based.
    They said they will be in touch in two to three days.
    What is your friend doing over there???

• Advertisement

Camp work where u live on site. Yes all industrial. 3 weeks is ambitious!! Have u a visa ya?

Camp work where u live on site. Yes all industrial. 3 weeks is ambitious!! Have u a visa ya?
    Thats what I thought, but when I was speaking with them on the phone last friday the lady, connie dodd, said they are taken people over on some scheme called the almo which allows a bypass on alot of steps, once the ait approve your forms I think thats that.
    Have you sufficient hours worked?

Ya I'm out of my time since 06. Was hoping for camp work but ill take anything once its rotation. If u have the 72 months industrial experience your sorted. U out of your time long?

Ya I'm out of my time since 06. Was hoping for camp work but ill take anything once its rotation. If u have the 72 months industrial experience your sorted. U out of your time long?
    2011, but the time needed includes your apprentice so I'm good, I have just under 15000 hours and have 90 something months, nervous waiting now.
    Do you have any idea how many they are looking for??

150 from Ireland but that includes other trades.

150 from Ireland but that includes other trades.
    I like those odds, I did hear over a hundred electricians so...
    They are mainly electrical so it would make sense. With those figures and your recommendation i'd say you are a shoe in, waiting game now, horrible is it not!!

Ill be optimistic when my flights are booked! (Or if!)
    Waiting is horrible. Been putting this off since last July. My visa has to be activated before this July so I said I may as well use it.

Ill be optimistic when my flights are booked! (Or if!)
    Waiting is horrible. Been putting this off since last July. My visa has to be activated before this July so I said I may as well use it.
    I've had the idea on the long finger for a while myself too, only natural. Once you get there, positive, you will wonder why you waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

would ye not just head yourselves over there? would be better then being tyed to one company.:D

Are u over there calgary22? If so, with who and how did u go about it?

• Advertisement

mate i am not over there yet but others i no are. its quite and easy process go over get a job and apply for the red seal simplys between 32-38 seems to be the going rate in calgary.

Calgary22 wrote: »
    would ye not just head yourselves over there? would be better then being tyed to one company.:D
    Thats plan b alright, but with my current situation and what this company offers I really hope to get an offer, are you currently there?

oh yea i no what ya mean but if you have a visa you wil have no bothers geting a sparking job:Dno not there yet.

oh yea i no what ya mean but if you have a visa you wil have no bothers geting a sparking job:Dno not there yet.
    Good advice thank you. Can I ask who did you get your visa with?

the iec visa there released every jan to feb issued by the canada government. they released 6350 visas this year and they went in 4 days thankfully i got one its a 2 year visa not fixed to any employer so its happy days:D

the iec visa there released every jan to feb issued by the canada government. they released 6350 visas this year and they went in 4 days thankfully i got one its a 2 year visa not fixed to any employer so its happy days:D
    I applied to them, unfortunately they told me I have to wait for some quota, I was a little too late but I am still on a waiting list

yea your down for next year i say lol i was glued to the computer for weeks waiting for it to open and managaed to get be in the first few hundred so i was quite happy. jeez the canada code book costs awful money http://shop.csa.ca/en/canada/landing-pages/c221-12-canadian-electrical-code/page/cecode/

Did ye find anywhere that sells it cheaper?

I've the same visa as u calgary22. Tarpon offer 40.25ph plus lodge and food allowance which is why I'm going for it.

bejeezus thats great money soo:D.. at least if it dosnt work out ya still have a visa and will more the likely get work. i no there paying that kind of money in the oil sands but to have a life i would nearly just take the job for 38 an hour which is still unreal money. and ya would have good craic in Edmonton or Calgary the when you get experience counted you can always go for that.like its gonna be a complete differant system of voltages and codes its mad:D

• Advertisement

I've had my fun already:-)
    Goin over to make and save money. No fun for 2 years:-):-)

Advertisement