Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

I've a young child so its the rotation I'm after so I can get home every 3 weeks. Might move them out but that's the plan for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

ohright not so bad so:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fran.the.man

Calgary22 wrote: »
    ohright not so bad so:D..
    Best of luck to all

Yea dudes best of luck to ye.:D i didnt go for tarpon i am heading over solo myself start of June to Calgary though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

jesus 100 electricians, they muct have some ammount of work on!! hopefully this ait doesnt take to long. we could all be working together in edmonton soon enough!

• Advertisement

Lol did any of ye lads not have the 72 months when applying for the jobs? and if so how did ye combact this? tell a few white lies or what?;)

it says on this link there is a way to apply under the qualification reconigition program where you dont need the hours but I dont know if the ait go by that or not.

“TheNational Craft Certificate level 6 issued by FETAC, Ireland for the trades of Carpentry and Joinery, Electrical, Plumbing, and Metal Fabrication now qualify for an expedited assessment for the Qualification Program. This means that a TFW holding these credentials don’t need to prove hours on trade beyond their credential and are required to write the AIT exam only.”

http://albertaconstruction.net/?p=1912

Lol did any of ye lads not have the 72 months when applying for the jobs? and if so how did ye combact this? tell a few white lies or what?;)
    Fortunately I'm well above that, are you?

god i am not all in all i would be under 5 years..

It seems thats the way forward aslong as we have our apprenticeship done thats all that counts:D

AIT exam is the alberta red seal afaik. Never saw that before. That's good to know mjw. Might speed things up for us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

had an interview with tarpon friday last got word monday with job offer, its in a modular site in edmonton, its a lmo they can bring workers over if they cant find them in canada

bongomad wrote: »
    had an interview with tarpon friday last got word monday with job offer, its in a modular site in edmonton, its a lmo they can bring workers over if they cant find them in canada

yea mine was friday to, we must be all going to the same place!

oh bejeezus congrats when ya start?:D

AIT exam is the alberta red seal afaik. Never saw that before. That's good to know mjw. Might speed things up for us!!

Hopefully! The quicker the better!! Mad to get going

oh bejeezus congrats when ya start?:D

i think may the 1st the job starts not 100%

congrats mate:D

m.j.w wrote: »
    yea mine was friday to, we must be all going to the same place!
    that would be good wont feel as bad! was looking for camp work but heard its hard to stick been offered camp work of another company but tarpon sounded better and same pay and monday -friday

Je suis jealous ;•)

thanks dude have you got your ait yet?

no mate i wont be going over till june i will be just hitting the streets i say i never applied for tarpon:( wish i did now lol

• Advertisement

bongomad wrote: »
    that would be good wont feel as bad! was looking for camp work but heard its hard to stick been offered camp work of another company but tarpon sounded better and same pay and monday -friday

yea the money seems to be good considering its in the city and monday to friday!

lads thats serious coin on that reps scheme as a 4th year i worked for 320 a week of which 200 went on fuel and digs so i cant wait to get over and make some serious $$$$

m.j.w wrote: »
    yea the money seems to be good considering its in the city and monday to friday!

ya more chance of staying! think its only 13 days holidays!:(

I'm sure it's rotation work that they're offering. Where did u hear Monday to Friday? Congrats on the offer too!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

anyone know of any plumbing/mechanical companies offering rotation work, finding it hard to find any,great news to all who has offers from tarpon,,its sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lol did any of ye lads not have the 72 months when applying for the jobs? Bejeezus, and if so how did ye combact this? tell a few white lies or what?;)

AIT will call all the employers you've listed on your application for verification of your work history. "White lies" won't work unless your employers are in on it too. Bejeezus, begorrah.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I'm sure it's rotation work that they're offering. Where did u hear Monday to Friday? Congrats on the offer too!

from tarpon its a modular site in edmonton!

el diablo wrote: »
    AIT will call all the employers you've listed on your application for verification of your work history. "White lies" won't work unless your employers are in on it too. Bejeezus, begorrah.

ait didnt contact any of my employers and didnt contact any of my friends aswell, but thats not to say they dont!
    you could always get your old employers in on it but that will only work if you passed a couple of years ago ie your fetac cert will have your qualified date on it no good if you qualified 2010 etc hope this helps johnny

• Advertisement

I've heard they don't bother contacting employers anymore. Cheers for all the info lads. Ill post again if I hear word back.

Advertisement