Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I've heard they don't bother contacting employers anymore. Cheers for all the info lads. Ill post again if I hear word back.

Not so sure if this info is correct. Good luck anyway.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

I presume your out in alberta working as an electrician then? All the lads I know out there had no calls to previous employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

Any feedback from anybody who has started working with Tarpon in the last few months? I had an interview with them last week and can't find out an awful lot about them (though anything I see seems to be fairly ok).

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

They seem to have a huge website and are always taking on people dunno if that's good or bad. there operating out of the cnrl horizan oil sands a lot of lads are placed there. the jobs they came to Ireland for is a day job i think no camp work and you will be based in e-town.

Ya they don't seem to be offering rotation which doesn't suit me so ill be turning down any offer outside of rotation. Only received one email off them since which is pissing me right off......

• Advertisement

I am a Quantity Surveyor and was speaking to them about a Calgary based position, so not the same terms as the lads looking for rotation. I've seen a good few posts from guys who were going to work for them, but then they stopped posting!! Where have they gone? Are the oil sands THAT remote?!!

Sounds like something out of the movie hostel. Hardly that remote!! They're probably just hard at it!!

Johnnyryan22 have you had any luck with other companies offering rotation?

The oil-sands are remote but all camps have internet etc. i suppose people got the information they wanted and then just stopped using boards. there is loads of companys on the ground that offer rotation but you will have to be on the ground in Calgary or Edmonton i would imagine you might get it hard to get rotation from Ireland. unless the companys at a jobs expo etc.

Ya I've had two offers. One this morning actually. The other one requires AAIT also and I'm waiting on that to come through.

• Advertisement

what is the process with the AAIT mate?

Cheers lad

• Registered Users Posts: 20 desserdub

Hi lads,im out here with tarpon now.Came out with 6 others from ireland.Your put up in a hotel for the first while as your doing training courses everyday around the city.it is hard to post here with the time difference so maybe guys dont bother and it will be harder when you start work.you could be working any of their locations out here and you wont know till the last minute where your going.by the way its -9 here at the moment and was 17 degrees for a couple of days last week so bring a mixed bag of clothes if your coming soon.

whats the craic with the ait mate? if ya have your trade cert is that enough or are the tight on the 6 years experiance aswell?:D where you based in e-town?:D

Calgary22 wrote: »
    whats the craic with the ait mate? if ya have your trade cert is that enough or are the tight on the 6 years experiance aswell?:D where you based in e-town?:D

It takes about 8 weeks to come back once they receive it.im out of my time years but another guy with us is only out of his time and just used his trade cert.We are in the SE of the city. handy for going to the office and the courses you do.You have to hire a car aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

desserdub wrote: »
    It takes about 8 weeks to come back once they receive it.im out of my time years but another guy with us is only out of his time and just used his trade cert.We are in the SE of the city. handy for going to the office and the courses you do.You have to hire a car aswell.

cheers for posting! great to hear from someone over there going through it. what you think of edmonton so far?

We are in Calgary mate.bring your cowboy boots and hat.Very nice city

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fran.the.man

Thanks for posting, it takes 8 weeks to get approval from aait??? Is there a fast track cause they were saying they want people in the next three weeks???

No fast track i know of,unless you know someone in there:(
    My AIT was actually lying on someones desk after being approved for two weeks.

• Advertisement

No fast track i know of,unless you know someone in there:(
    My AIT was actually lying on someones desk after being approved for two weeks.

Madness!!! When I did interview they said they wanted people over in a matter of weeks, did they say that to you and leave you waiting??
    Dieing to get over there now.......every day is like a week at moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Madness!!! When I did interview they said they wanted people over in a matter of weeks, did they say that to you and leave you waiting??
    Dieing to get over there now.......every day is like a week at moment!!

the same here aswell but i had my ait already and wanted me over in a week which would be this week and only sent my details to the Canadian service last week and by the looks of things can take a few weeks, hard to make them out.
    does anyone know what the take home be on the 40.87 there offering? i know you get holiday pay on top aswell roughly 44 altogether ive seen the tax would be 22-26% but read some where there was a 10% tax aswell to take out?

bongomad wrote: »
    the same here aswell but i had my ait already and wanted me over in a week which would be this week and only sent my details to the Canadian service last week and by the looks of things can take a few weeks, hard to make them out.
    does anyone know what the take home be on the 40.87 there offering? i know you get holiday pay on top aswell roughly 44 altogether ive seen the tax would be 22-26% but read some where there was a 10% tax aswell to take out?

Thats savage, when did you do your interview?? I did mine on tuesday 26th of march. Have they been back to you with full offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Thats savage, when did you do your interview?? I did mine on tuesday 26th of march. Have they been back to you with full offer?
    just pmd you there mate

1800-2000 euro after tax per week all in. That's on rotation though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

It takes about 8 weeks to come back once they receive it.im out of my time years but another guy with us is only out of his time and just used his trade cert.

Last year there no chance of getting in with just a trade cert and no post- apprenticeship experience. They were very strict on 72 months AND 8775 hours experience and called FÁS and all employers for verification of work experience.

Looks like all sorts will be coming over now (house bashers and all :eek:).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Last year there no chance of getting in with just a trade cert and no post- apprenticeship experience. They were very strict on 72 months AND 8775 hours experience and called FÁS and all employers for verification of work experience.

Looks like all sorts will be coming over now (house bashers and all :eek:).

Do they still call fas?? Didn't know they did that..........
    Nothing to worry about just imagine fas take all year to respond.......hoping to go soon

Flood gates are open I'd say. Can't see house bashers being of any benefit to a company in oil sands...... Any domestic guys here get an offer?

yea they changed the rules all you need now is your fetac trade cert which is great:)

• Advertisement

You'll get the approval but will u get a decent job with little or no experience?

Advertisement