Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

dunno sure if there crying out for sparkys i cant see how ya would not sure how do apprentices that qualify there get jobs in different sectors. i will be doing a few different part time course's in the Calgary SAIT so hopefully that will help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Ya good idea. What courses u thinking of doing? Instrumentation would really stand to u. I'm half way through my higher cert by night. There crying out for ins techs out there!

yea i am going to do that. instrumentation isn't a regulated trade yet so if you had a few courses ya might get in working at that if were lucky.. yea i have an auto electrics cert and plc courses done my company i was with paid for them for me twas grand there normally a grand each haha i was talking to AIT and they said that you can get your electrical time counted and continue on in there apprenticeship as an E& I techician but they said you have to be a PR to do that. could be something in the future to think about i don't want to be 50 and bald still in the industrial game haha

I'm 30, bald and not doing much electrical work anymore!! Hence the instrumentation course:-)
    Was going to do the 12 week day course which would prob have got me in over on Canada seeing as its not regulated yet. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

How did you apply for these positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Fran.the.man

How did you apply for these positions?

Open house on march 3rd in red cow and they were at expo that weekend too. Did you make any of them and give in a cv??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seaflo

Had an interview and got offered a job in Edmonton but i'm waiting on approval from the ait. Does anyone know what the story is when you arrive over there? Havent been given any details until I get approval from AAIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Hi all! Newbie here .... More or less..... I am an electrician here in Ireland at the minute, was mainly industrial and machinery work but now work for myself in all aspects of electrical work from property maintenance to new installs to machine fault finding and repair...anyway I am wondering how people here have got job offers from here and how to even start to find them..... I think the LMO route would be a nice option for me but to be honest I just want/need to go ASAP as this recession has broke me.... I am 31 with a wife (civil servant) and an 18 month old little boy. I am willing to go on my own first or permanent if I have to, we just can't sustain this anymore. I don't know what to believe about my trade in Canada and the huge unbelievable wages I am told about but we really need to get the ball rolling on this as I missed out on the IEC this year,..... Anyway sorry about that rant but , where do ya get these job offers from and what's the best and quickest way for me to get out there and start earning some money to pay my debts.... Would I be able to earn enough to support my wife to be a stay at home mammy???? Most important thing.... Thanks for any info or contact info or ....... Job offers ..... Haha haha

Same situation. Partner and 18 month old and broke. Best thing u can do is get AAIT approval and contact any company in the alberta area for work in the oil sands. If u have AAIT and experience in industrial your in. Rotations are not always ideal but usually the money is around 2000 after tax pw with all your food and lodge paid so u don't spend a penny.

Cheers for that johnnyryan22.....any idea how to get the AAIT approval and time frame on this.......also I don't think the rotations would bother me at this stage, once I can get back on top of finances and debts (f***ing negative equity) I would be a little happier......Have you got any replies yet from companies or what stage are you at.......does your partner want to go too?????

• Advertisement

I posted a link a page or two back. My missus and small fella are staying put. Your looking at 10/11 weeks for approval and costs $450.

Cheers! Found it....... A friend of mine just got there last Wednesday and is with a few of his mates from Ireland who got there in Jan.....In downtown Calgary and reckons it will me no bother getting work....I am keeping in touch with him so I know exactly what to expect, he got over on the IEC ,the lads he is with are working 5-6 days a weeks taking home min $1500 without Red Seal....one of them got an LMO from an expo last October.....I really hope to get out there very soon..... hope all goes well with you mate!!!!

jeez theres gonna be some swarm of us hitting calgary:D

Anyone have anymore news? Still nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

Anyone have anymore news? Still nothing!![/
    Ment to be taking people over end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

I had a job offer from Tarpon towards the end of last week, but the salary wasn't what I was looking for (and believe I can get with others in Calgary). I haven't ruled them out totally yet, but looking like it.

What did they offer per hour? Was that rotation u were offered?

Anyone have anymore news? Still nothing!!

What stage are you at with them?

Johnnyryan22, I'm not an electrician so it wasn't a rotation job, it was Calgary based. I have an offer just in from another fairly large contractor so I'm more likely to take that at this stage.

Only had the AAIT sent so far. No offer yet. She promised an offer as soon as AAIT is approved. What work are u into beancounter?

• Advertisement

I'm a surveyor.

Brilliant. They're crying out for u lot out there!!

A lot of people on here had the job offers and are heading out in may i think.

So I hear Johnnyryan which means I'm happier to hold out for the 'right' offer. Hopefully things move along for you soon too.

I'm looking for rotation and as far as I'm aware these job offers are mon-fri?? Correct me if I'm wrong......mod yard in Edmonton???
    Beancounter your better off being patient as there is plenty of work!!

yea sure if ya have a visa just head over to canada and ya will get sorted:D

Ya I wish:-)
    Ill hang on for tarpon. They promised me work.......

Dont wait for them to get back to you, have you couriered you documents to them yet? I sent them an email last week and that got it moving, sent off everything today via DHL. Are you a sparks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Do Tampon only offer in-town work? They've no camp jobs in northern Alberta?

What do they pay per hour?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Ya fran they sent my AAIT papers 4 weeks ago today. Waiting for that to come back and then an offer. How come u only sent yours today?
    El Diablo I think it's 42ph. There is camp work which is what I want but some guys want the in town work....looks like the in town work is starting sooner than the camp work.

Advertisement