Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fran.the.man

Ya fran they sent my AAIT papers 4 weeks ago today. Waiting for that to come back and then an offer. How come u only sent yours today?
    El Diablo I think it's 42ph. There is camp work which is what I want but some guys want the in town work....looks like the in town work is starting sooner than the camp work.
    I did send everything of weeks ago but they asked for me to courier original app form, my certificate and a copy of my passport, have you done that??

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Ya I had a lad working for them bring everything over for me around 5 weeks back. Shouldn't be long now hopefully!

Ya I had a lad working for them bring everything over for me around 5 weeks back. Shouldn't be long now hopefully!

Should be very soon then, I was told that once they receive my package which should be today that they will be on to me with more info so as soon as I hear ill let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I think i was told the rate for the work in edmonton is 40 dollars an hours and its 50 hours a week so with the 10 hours over time a it works out at 2200 dollars a week before tax. I pressume there would be better money for the camp work

40*40=1600
    10*60=600

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

40.87 an hour plus holiday pay I think they were offering And 2 dollars an hour more for camp work but obviously more over time . Anyone got word there heading over end of the month?

• Advertisement

im waiting to hear back from ait and hopefully heading at the end of the month, think they are taking two groups over, one last week of april and one first week of may

m.j.w wrote: »
    im waiting to hear back from ait and hopefully heading at the end of the month, think they are taking two groups over, one last week of april and one first week of may

I'm ment to be going end of month just waiting on Canadian service or something along those lines for the lmo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 desserdub

alot of work here at the moment for tarpon.im in rocky mountain house working away on rotation 3on 1 off.not as bad as it seems.fairly handy work if you can do conduit,ladder and termination to panels.no one standing over you cracking the whip.money is good plus you get a living out allowance.

That sounds good. Exactly what I'm after applying for. Do u know if they're looking for more sparks for 21/7 on that job?

That sounds good. Exactly what I'm after applying for. Do u know if they're looking for more sparks for 21/7 on that job?

well this job im on is finishing next friday then a week off.but if you want to do that shift all the time you can get it.work is plentiful.some guys fly home on their week off as its cheaper for them than booking a hotel/meals etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

Same situation. Partner and 18 month old and broke. Best thing u can do is get AAIT approval and contact any company in the alberta area for work in the oil sands. If u have AAIT and experience in industrial your in. Rotations are not always ideal but usually the money is around 2000 after tax pw with all your food and lodge paid so u don't spend a penny.

Hi there just wondering is that 2000 euros or Canadian dollars ??

desserdub wrote: »
    alot of work here at the moment for tarpon.im in rocky mountain house working away on rotation 3on 1 off.not as bad as it seems.fairly handy work if you can do conduit,ladder and termination to panels.no one standing over you cracking the whip.money is good plus you get a living out allowance.

What sort of conduit are you using, is it the rigid stuff like here or is it the emt stuff with the broom handle bending machine? If its the emt stuff is it handy to get the hang off?

What sort of conduit are you using, is it the rigid stuff like here or is it the emt stuff with the broom handle bending machine? If its the emt stuff is it handy to get the hang off?

its aluminium and its handier here.motorised threader and broom handle benders.you just have to get used to the accessories they use plus they call them by the code number of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hi there just wondering is that 2000 euros or Canadian dollars ??

Ah here, don't be greedy. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

its aluminium and its handier here.motorised threader and broom handle benders.you just have to get used to the accessories they use plus they call them by the code number of the item.
    Last question! Did you bring any tools with you or did you just by some over there to get you started?

Last question! Did you bring any tools with you or did you just by some over there to get you started?

i brought some with me in a tool box and bought some when i got here.tools were free to bring over as they were very lightweight.

i brought some with me in a tool box and bought some when i got here.tools were free to bring over as they were very lightweight.

Company supply any tools?

Company supply any tools?

no but you can use power and battery drills and they give you overalls/coat and ppe.the guys generally let you use their tools till you can get all your own.you will get a tool list before you come over in your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Junior10

Hi lads, tarpon sent off my aait forms a week ago was just wondering how long the process takes how long it takes to come back and what happens after that with work permits

Thank you

AAIT takes 1-3 months. Sent mine 7 weeks ago today and have heard nothing since. Not sure about work permits. I presume u have a job offer or visa since u applied for AAIT??

• Advertisement

i had interview 2 weeks ago and got my forms couried over to tarpon and recieved an email back saying they were sent off and when they come back i will recieve my contract. but in the interview she told me when the aait comes back i would be put in touch with tarpons lawyers to sort out visa for me and my family so i suppose ill just have to wait jesus 7 weeks didnt think it was gonna take that long.. and do you need tarpon to sort your visa or do you have 1 ?

Junior10 wrote: »
    i had interview 2 weeks ago and got my forms couried over to tarpon and recieved an email back saying they were sent off and when they come back i will recieve my contract. but in the interview she told me when the aait comes back i would be put in touch with tarpons lawyers to sort out visa for me and my family so i suppose ill just have to wait jesus 7 weeks didnt think it was gonna take that long.. and do you need tarpon to sort your visa or do you have 1 ?

it can take 10 weeks or more then for your lmo since the almo is stopped

serious so thats around 6 or 7 months altogether wasnt expecting that does anyone here have job offers or what stages are yous at ?

serious so thats around 6 or 7 months altogether wasnt expecting that does anyone here have job offers or what stages are yous at ?

contract signed, 3-4weeks in on my lmo aplication,
    ait anywhere from 7+ weeks depending on waiting list
    tarpon getting contract to you and getting a guy working on your lmo 2weeks
    lmo 8+ weeks
    is only a guide line could be wrong but thats how its gone for me so far

Ya I have my own visa. I've heard of it taking 11 weeks. U looking for rotation or mon-fri work??

bongomad wrote: »
    contract signed, 3-4weeks in on my lmo aplication,
    ait anywhere from 7+ weeks depending on waiting list
    tarpon getting contract to you and getting a guy working on your lmo 2weeks
    lmo 8+ weeks
    is only a guide line could be wrong but thats how its gone for me so far
    ok great thanks for the info so your getting close.. and do you have to wait till you do your weeks training in calgary to find out where your gonna be based ?

If they're doing your visa then it could take a lot more time.....

Ya I have my own visa. I've heard of it taking 11 weeks. U looking for rotation or mon-fri work??
    mon to fri suits me cause i moving my family over have two small babies so be good to get home but she told me if work got slow in my branch location that i would have to fly off some weeks for work i dont mind what i get as long as i get there..lucky for you you get to skip the lmo part then looks like thats gonna be another 8 weeks+

ok great thanks for the info so your getting close.. and do you have to wait till you do your weeks training in calgary to find out where your gonna be based ?
    ment to be working in edmonton but that could have changed since the almo was scrapped

• Advertisement

AAIT takes 1-3 months. Sent mine 7 weeks ago today and have heard nothing since. Not sure about work permits. I presume u have a job offer or visa since u applied for AAIT??

you shouldnt be far off it now johnny

Advertisement