Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Tarpon pay for everything. Not much rotation work. I think studon is more rotation orientated.

So most tarpon's work is all local in the city and 9-5 mon - fri...... Is that what your saying..... That would suit so much better, but the bloke I know is with tarpon and is on 14-7 rotation in fort mc....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

I turned down tarpons offer coz they couldn't guarantee me a rotation. Said to come over first and they will send me somewhere. I've a family here so not knowing when ill be home doesn't suit me.

I turned down tarpons offer coz they couldn't guarantee me a rotation. Said to come over first and they will send me somewhere. I've a family here so not knowing when ill be home doesn't suit me.

In in the same boat , wife and child here .... So I don't know if I'm understanding this correct ...by rotation you mean camp work yeah ? Fly in fly out every few weeks... This is what you want or not what you want.... If it is , would you try to come back to Ireland on your time off every few weeks ,am I taking this up correct or have I mixed myself up?

Sorry I see on older posts you only interested in long rotation work....... How long can you get at a time...... I thought it was a max of 21 on 7 off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

you can get 4 weeks on 4 weeks off but there as rare as hens teeth:D usually 14 on 7 off is the norm on oil rigs and 21 on 7 off in the oil sands for trades/labour work.

• Advertisement

Cheers Calgary22, and I just went back through the full 18 pages and seen I was talking to johnnyryan before, now I remember ya...... I'm back on track now, got a bit confused there for a while.... Studon would defo suit you johnnyryan , mainly 14 on 7 off but they told me sometimes ye can get 21 on 7 off..... I am thinking of doing going alone initially now and looking at flying back every week or second week off, depending on costs... They sent me all there shifts and locations and rates I can send on if ye like.... The only thing is they don't pay for anything.... Only a hotel for the first week....

4 on 4 off would be ideal.... What are you looking for Calgary22? Are you sorted yet or what stage you at.....I know ya probably said earlier but I don't want to go through 18 pages again.... I can't remember who's comments are who's ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

i am doing that dreaded test now ya no the one;) it does not seem so bad so fingers crossed i will be heading after that. i am only a youngun so i have the 2 year visa and will be just heading solo looking for a better life:D

Calgary22 wrote: »
    i am doing that dreaded test now ya no the one;) it does not seem so bad so fingers crossed i will be heading after that. i am only a youngun so i have the 2 year visa and will be just heading solo looking for a better life:D
    ****!!!! I just copped I was talking to you too....as I said I can't remember the names if all the posts but I just had a look at your previous posts and found ye ... How far into the test are you..... Who is the instructor?

Your doing the right thing..... It's a pain in the arse now for me , having to leave wife and young child for a while..... If it works out they can follow over for good but no point in all going over at the start until I sus it out and get some quick cash..... You have the IEC yea? What about an offer of employment....

• Advertisement

Had to edit that post ..... Young came up as your!!!!!! God damn iphones......hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mikeirish

Damn could have done with finding this weeks ago. Just been through the agony of waiting for the AAIT and LMO after being offered a job by Tarpon. Got an email today saying i will be travelling June 12th. Still don't know where but looking forward to it.

mikeirish wrote: »
    Damn could have done with finding this weeks ago. Just been through the agony of waiting for the AAIT and LMO after being offered a job by Tarpon. Got an email today saying i will be travelling June 12th. Still don't know where but looking forward to it.

Welcome!!!!! Congrats !!!!!How did you get onto them.? Was it via mail/phone Or expo? What qualifications you got? How long did you take to get AIT aproval ????

I met them at an Expo and had a skype interview towards the end of March. Sent off my AIT at the beginning of April and it took about 7 weeks to be approved. Presume LMO came back seeing as they are talking flights now. I am an Electrician- at it 16 years now. Hopefully will get more info on whats happening when i get flight details. They have not told me much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

my boyfriend got his approval during the week and flights booked for next week. all happens very quick. Have you heard back yet mikeirish?

Hi, yes, I sent you a pm there. Heading over Wednesday. Just doing the safety training online at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seaflo

Got the go ahead from Tarpon, contract signed. Anyone heading over to Edmonton next Wednesday? Or anyone over there know what happens when you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

There's 1 other lad coming over with you. They'll send out his email day before flight. 6 of us came over last wednesday, still can't believe our luck, going to be based in Edmonton and there's meant to be 5 years of work on the site we're on. We don't start work until Wednesday, have to do fall arrest course Tuesday. Really couldn't be happier with what's happened since we landed

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Junior10

lovemytea wrote: »
    There's 1 other lad coming over with you. They'll send out his email day before flight. 6 of us came over last wednesday, still can't believe our luck, going to be based in Edmonton and there's meant to be 5 years of work on the site we're on. We don't start work until Wednesday, have to do fall arrest course Tuesday. Really couldn't be happier with what's happened since we landed

Hey mate congrats sounds great I'm 6 weeks in on my aait forms with tarpon if ya don't mind me asking how long did your process take with aait lmo and contracts and that ?

Over here in red deer since last Wednesday. Took up an offer with another company. So far so good. Fly to site Wednesday. Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 desserdub

Whats the craic with all the irish over here around edmonton area.im in red deer myself.there will have to be a big irish tarpon christmas party this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kthflan

Hi lads
    Just wanna see could ye giv me a bit of info.. tarpon were into me had interview and hav my ait forms sent over and were sent in on the 18h of June.. They going through the LMO to bring me over there.. But said be September before they will be bringing anymore over... But the thing is I never was offered a job… but they going through all this seems abit strange..??? Any advise on what ta take from all this

Hi mate I'm the exact same as you I've had my aait forms approved and she told me I've to wait til sept then be brought over sounds like your the exact same as me she told me I had a job so in sure you do 2 they wouldn't pay for our aait forms and that if we didn't.. The hold up is the change in the lmo the accelerated lmo has been cancelled and they have to re apply for the new lmo so it will be ready in sept that's what she told me so hopefully in sept it will be contracts and over

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kthflan

Junior10 wrote: »
    Hi mate I'm the exact same as you I've had my aait forms approved and she told me I've to wait til sept then be brought over sounds like your the exact same as me she told me I had a job so in sure you do 2 they wouldn't pay for our aait forms and that if we didn't.. The hold up is the change in the lmo the accelerated lmo has been cancelled and they have to re apply for the new lmo so it will be ready in sept that's what she told me so hopefully in sept it will be contracts and over

Thanks junior just was thinking it was abit weird..was just been offered positions of different companys but heard great reports about how well tarpon look after their employees and the top dollar that u get.. So i will just hav to wait around and see what cums out of it

Kthflan wrote: »
    Thanks junior just was thinking it was abit weird..was just been offered positions of different companys but heard great reports about how well tarpon look after their employees and the top dollar that u get.. So i will just hav to wait around and see what cums out of it

Ya same as myself tarpon are supposed to be one of the best see what happens I suppose sept won't be long coming anyway hopefully we can get brought over then fingers crossed nothing happening in Ireland anyway that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Tarpon is great but are they looking more for industrial electricians rather than domestic or commercial electricians?

Anyone know of any domestic / commercial electricians looking to go to Alberta? I am working on an LMO for a company looking for these guys.

Declan

Alberta is more geared towards industrial. There's very little money in domestic and commercial. I'd say you would find it difficult to find an lmo for that here in alberta. Try the bigger cities like Toronto or Vancouver. I know for certain they take foreigners on lmo for domestic and commercial.

Alberta is more geared towards industrial. There's very little money in domestic and commercial. I'd say you would find it difficult to find an lmo for that here in alberta. Try the bigger cities like Toronto or Vancouver. I know for certain they take foreigners on lmo for domestic and commercial.

Hi Johnny,

Maybe my message was unclear -

I am working with a company in Alberta to secure their LMO for them at the moment.

So if there are any domestic/commercial electricians looking at working in Alberta - I know a company that will be hiring shortly (CAD 36.45 basic).

Thanks Declan

Ah I got ya. That's great! Good to know there are more companies opening their doors to foreigners. I'm in industrial up north myself but il keep and open ear.

• Advertisement

Ah I got ya. That's great! Good to know there are more companies opening their doors to foreigners. I'm in industrial up north myself but il keep and open ear.

For sure
    Cheers Johnny

Advertisement