Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarpon energy recruiting electricians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Junior10

Anyone get the call from tarpon today heading over on the 17th of October ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kthflan

Junior10 wrote: »
    Anyone get the call from tarpon today heading over on the 17th of October ??

Got a email off them 2 weeks ago saying LMO was accepted and they will be calling me in the next few weeks to organise place of work and timeframe 2 head over...was this the same as u?? Haven't heard anything yet from them doh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Junior10

Kthflan wrote: »
    Got a email off them 2 weeks ago saying LMO was accepted and they will be calling me in the next few weeks to organise place of work and timeframe 2 head over...was this the same as u?? Haven't heard anything yet from them doh :(

I was the same but I got a call last Friday asking me would I be able to fly on the 17th.. I then received a job offer on Monday and was told it's been changed til the 24th but I have my job offer so hopefully you'll get yours soon I'm going to work in Grand Prairie she told me

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

Just sent off my AIT last night. Have a Skype interview with them today any one have any idea what they will be asking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

endurodave wrote: »
    Just sent off my AIT last night. Have a Skype interview with them today any one have any idea what they will be asking for?

How are mate! How did ye get on with the skype interview , hope it went well for ya.... How long did it go on for, ? What sort or questions did they ask ye? I have one on Monday with them.... Also did you go into a lot of details on the AAIT form where it's asks what duties you had during your employment with different companies ???

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 PG7ham

I'm the same I have a Skype interview arranged for next week, would be great to get a heads up on what questions I might have to answer.

Anybody any info on this interview I have in A few hours with tarpon...... Don't know what to expect????? Help !!!!! Please!!!!ðŸ˜႒..... Also two guys I was talking to a few months back. Calgary22 and Johnnyryan, how are you lads getting on now,

Interview went well I think, anybody any info on some of the other areas that tarpon have offices, they said no work in Calgary or Edmonton , but lots in nearly all their branch locations , lookin for some advice on where to think about going , what areas are nice to live and what sites are good to work on , as in overtime,pay and conditions.... Any info really from somebody who is there right now, hoping to get offered LMO from tarpon after having interview last night I'm hoping it's looking good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ui_dubh

Hi guys, I got an lmo and job offer recently from a company in grande prairie(got friends living over there already too) and several irish guys working for this firm.

... there was a mix up regarding AAIT and i only got to send it off today. I presume all is needed is copy of passport and copy of trade cert signed by gardai. Ive been hearing different rumours as to the time scale on getting AAIT approval but the current wait seems to be 10+weeks.. is that correct? why is it taking so long if they don bother ringing previous employers anymore??

and also have a question regarding lmo... do I just show up at airport with lmo/aait and passport to get my visa at point of entry? or how does it work? also been told my wife will automatically get a visa even though she isnt mentioned on the lmo???

VERY CONFUSED as to how it works when you arrive at the airport in canada????

any info would be appreciated guys thanks

Regards
    ui_dubh

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Ya u need your AAIT to get your lmo. You produce your lmo on entry with your letter of employment.
    Your wife is not automatically on that lmo. You need to add her to. Ask your company to do that. The AAIT takes 10 weeks but coming up to Xmas your probably looking at mid march or April bad ore u get that. You can't get your lmo without it afaik. I could be wrong though. I know of guys who came out here labouring while waiting for lmo but I'm sure that was on a holiday visa(3month) and working for cash.

• Advertisement

@Johnnyryan22 , how are you getting on there, are you still with tarpon???? How do you find them, are you based in Calgary ....

Hey man. Didn't go with tarpon. It was a **** show really. Couldn't get and email off them, no start date, no idea of rotation, site, area, nothing. Not a great start so stayed clear. Working with studon now. Great company. Just finished on a site up north. Starting on a new site today. Just on the way there now.
    Did u ever make the move yourself @gccrowley1 ??

Well I made the move outta my house,,,,,, it's a start...hahaha... Hoping to get it rented out before I go, hopefully on the IEC but it just keeps getting further and further away ..... I have been told the same thing about tarpon from a friend of mine over there and he left for them reasons.... I had an interview and got a reply last fri saying they will be in contact but I'm a bit unsure if I want to go near them either..... I was on to studon too an hopefully could get in with them but I still have not got AAIT sorted yet. The same friend that left tarpon is also with studon now , how do you find them????

I think there grand. They laid me off and found me another site within a day! Things get quiet round here this time of year due to weather etc. not a great time to be looking. Meg energy where I was just let 350 of us go last week so studon had to find sites for all of us which filled up those sites too. Work will pick up in spring though just in time for your AAIT approval and they just got another batch of LMO's too. Get onto them and send them a cv.

Who's your friend by the way?

Who's your friend by the way?

Pm......

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayabram

Just been reading this thread for the last while. Does anyone know if this company are still actively looking for electricians or any other companies in Canada??
    I'm currently in Australia and am thinking of going to canada to try my luck there .
    Any info would be great thanks

Just a quick one for anybody who may know, I am filling the form for AIT to recognise my qualification as an electrician. Just wondering is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of info to fill in on this. It asks for you to fill in what work you carried out while with each employer in detail, did anybody actually fill all this in or has anybody got a copy they filled in i could have a look at.....Is it not enough to have a trade cert and and the required amount of months done without going through every single thing i did with the employers. seems a bit much to me.????
    As far as I was aware they now just go off your trade cert and dont look at anything else....Has anybody went through this recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

I am filling mine out at the moment also. I just wrote down all the duties I have done in bullet points like is on my CV. I am not sure if this is right or wrong. I have enclosed a copy of my passport and trade cert, is this all I need to send? and do i need the copy of my trade cert signed by Gardai?
    Am I wrong to be applying for AAIT aprovel without a visa or solid job offer?
    If anyone could give me some info I would be very gratefull thanks.

I think you defo have to have a notarised copy of trade cert..... And I think stamped and signed by the garda with a little bit of writing saying your name and address and you hereby declare it being a true copy blah blah , i think that is classed as a notarised copy...... I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong but I just got this done about two hours ago and will be sending off via fedex or ups tomorrow...also you are dead right doing this now as you will need it no matter what, you will get a start with a company a lot sooner if you have it....

• Advertisement

I am going to throw in a copy of my resume with the application just to be on the safe side , along with passport

Has anybody any info on how to get the approval letter as soon as possible, is there any way to speed the process up, I'm told it's taking upwards of 8-10 weeks now....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Thanks for the info!, lucky I started reading this thread last night, I was all set to post the forms. The process can be very confusing.

Yeh it sure is, ...... I was wondering do they actually still contact employers and if so is it by email or phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hey guys how is everyone getting on in Canada, are you still there making a heap of money??v:eek: After reading this thread i'm thinking of going. Any other sparks interested in going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

I'm a sparks and il be heading over end of summer...

mossy14 wrote: »
    I'm a sparks and il be heading over end of summer...

Hi mossy, I'm looking for a company to employ me through the lmo. I emailed a couple of companies yesterday looking for work in the oil sands. What scheme are you heading over on? Do you have a job lined up? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Nope i don't have a job lined up. I would like to have one lined up before i head over though. I am going over on the 2014 working holiday visa. Any replies form the emails?

mossy14 wrote: »
    Nope i don't have a job lined up. I would like to have one lined up before i head over though. I am going over on the 2014 working holiday visa. Any replies form the emails?

No reply yet, I did see an job ad from Osborne recruitment looking for sparks with the IEC visa for alberta. No good to me though. Might suit you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Beancounter 2013

Inbox, you're probably better off phoning after you've emailed. Do a bit of research online and find the person most likely to be who you want to speak to. You could try having a look at the Irish in Calgary Facebook page too - a lot of people share the info when they know of opportunities. Good luck

Advertisement