Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnegad Broadband

Options
  • 20-03-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow Midlanders, Im just wondering what broadband options are available around the kinnegad area. I have been with eircom the last 5 years. The broadband speed was not the best for a year or so but the last year seen a vast improvement. I can download at an average speed of
    13 Mb/s with eircom at the moment. How does BT or vodafone or any other services compare.

Ps, the main reason im looking into this is to try and cut my bill which currently is about 62 euro per month. I dont need the land line and only have it for the broadband.

Cheers Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Vodafone at Home do a Simply Broadband package for €32 or €30 if you have a vodafone mobile. http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/simplybroadband/

I dont use the landline for calls and have this package from Vodafone. The line syncs at ~16Mb and generally its about 14Mb on speedtest.net but it will slow down in the evenings due to contention.

DSL from all providers works over the same copper wires so your line should sync at the same speed for all of them (depending on the profile they have you set up on).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

viking wrote: »
    Vodafone at Home do a Simply Broadband package for €32 or €30 if you have a vodafone mobile. http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/simplybroadband/

I dont use the landline for calls and have this package from Vodafone. The line syncs at ~16Mb and generally its about 14Mb on speedtest.net but it will slow down in the evenings due to contention.

DSL from all providers works over the same copper wires so your line should sync at the same speed for all of them (depending on the profile they have you set up on).

This is what im worried about. I haven't had contention issues for nearly a year now with Eircom. Looks like ill stick with Eircom for the time being.

Advertisement