Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get wasabi in town?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Anyone know where I can get wasabi in town? Can't really find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

They have Wasabi paste in tesco. I'm not sure if you can buy fresh Wasabi root though.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253663271

33CZXf7.jpg

I'm sure Spiceworld on the quay might stock the fresh root.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

You can also get it in Ardkeen Stores - be aware though 90% of all "wasabi" sold both here and in the UK is actually horseradish with a small percentage of wasabi and colouring added - this is because wasabi is hard to grow and hence is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Jambo wrote: »
    You can also get it in Ardkeen Stores - be aware though 90% of all "wasabi" sold both here and in the UK is actually horseradish with a small percentage of wasabi and colouring added - this is because wasabi is hard to grow and hence is expensive.

This ^^^^^^^.
    Forgot to mention that in my post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

Did you try the international market/grocer on the Quay near the Grranville (I think that's the location).

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Also try place on O'Connell Street,beside Grubb&Co.,pretty good selection of stuff,and the best fresh coriander in town

• Advertisement
Advertisement