Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Blue Cheese Sauce?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Does anyone know the brand or name of the company that supply Eddie Rockets Blue cheese sauce?
    buffalo 19 in rathmines also use the same sauce.

have asked both places before and the best answer they could give me was "don't know the name", "we just get it from our suppliers":rolleyes:

Have also made an attempt at making my own blue cheese sauce which was a complete fail :o

Appreciate all help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There have been threads before on the subject of making your own, here's one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65326571

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Isn't it French's Blue Cheese sauce, also available from Dunnes and Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iphone4quest

biko wrote: »
    Isn't it French's Blue Cheese sauce, also available from Dunnes and Tesco?

Not sure but have never seen it in either stores. What's the name of the brand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Not sure but have never seen it in either stores. What's the name of the brand ?

I think it's French's like the mustard, I've never seen the blue cheese one in any shop here.

Sorry just realized the brand is "French's" :o

Thanks, will give this one a try.

Do most Dunne's and Tesco's in Dublin stock it?

• Advertisement

Bought and tasted the French's brand over the weekend. Tasted awful.

It's not it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have seen a blue cheese sauce in a glass bottle in Dunnes. I don't know what brand it is though or how much it costs, but it was beside the oils/mayonnaise/gravies etc.

There is this one Tesco's website.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274233754

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A good blue cheese sauce is pretty different to a blue cheese salad dressing. That heinz one isn't too bad on a bit of lettuce, but I can't imagine pouring it over my chips.

OP you might have to make your own to get a proper one. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I've been meaning to try it for a while:

5 ounces Breakstone cream cheese
    5 ounces bleu cheese crumbles (Stella)
    3/4 cup whole milk

In a small sauce pot place cream cheese, bleu cheese and milk. Heat just until all ingredients whisk together. Serve warm with fries either on the side or poured over.

From here.

It's based on American brands obviously, but any decent cream cheese should do, and you could pick whatever blue cheese based on how you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've made a (warm) blue cheese sauce before for Swedish meat balls, and it's just blue cheese melted into cream with a bit of seasoning added, that's it. I should say that I've never been in an Eddie Rocket's so I've no idea what their sauce is like or even what they put it on, so my suggestion might be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

FWIW I recall a similar thread elsewhere enquiring about Eddie's Cajun sauce as used for chicken tenders. In that instance I recall that the answer to the question was that the sauce was made by Blenders. I'd probably hazzard a guess that the blue cheese sauce is made by the same company. I have no evidence to hand to back this up however. It also doesn't appear to be offered on their site, nor does the Cajun sauce either so perhaps they only make catering packs for those? Perhaps they don't make those sauces afterall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

They may produce them specifically for Eddie Rockets, if so they wouldn't be listed on their site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just mix 225 grams each of sour cream, buttermilk and mayo, some crushed garlic, half a teaspoons of mustard powder, salt and sugar and then crumble in 100 grams of good blue cheese (Cashel Blue works well) and bobs your uncle.

If you want to make it thicker to use as a dip instead of a salad dressing just use half as much buttermilk.

Advertisement