Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique Broom Handled Mauser

Options
  • 20-03-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So I've got an option to potentially purchase a broom handled mauser (circa 1912), which I can only assume at this stage is deactivated.

I'm wondering a) how much its likely to be worth, and b) where I could sell it ?

Also, would I need an importation license of any kind to bring it from the north into the south ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

It is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it,
    There aren't many places to sell it, it would have to be deactivated because there are no new licences for centerfire pistols being granted. If it is still live firing i would'nt deactivate it it is a rare piece of history and would'nt destroy it to hang it on a wall.
    You would need both an import licence and also permission to have it in your possession from your local superintendent.
    If you wish to sell it on you would need to make sure whoever you sell it to has the same. If you are caught with it and don't have permission to have it it is classed as being a firearm and you can be prosecuted to the same extent as if it were live firing. The same goes for importing it without the import licence it can be classed as importing an unlicenced firearm without an import licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If it is still live,I'd keep it in a dealer up North and arrange a sale for it outside these isles to either the Continent or the US .

By and large it is hard to say how much one of these are worth until actually seen and in what condition they are in.

Also,does it still have the wooden shoulder stock/holster with it and do the serial numbers match both the gun and holster?Also does it have the leather holster sling and accessories with it??That can increase the value alot even if deacted.

Even the deact job can increase/decrease value.

If it is an "old spec"UK deact.IE you can rack,cock and drop the hammer,is worth more than a new spec deact.
    IE everything is welded up and nothing moves,and it is a high tech awkward to use club.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement