Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving the Test Center

Options
  • 20-03-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all!

G-Day is getting closer and all panic stations are go, so I'll keep this post short.

We're given an hour for lunch between section II and III, but are we allowed to leave the testing area/hall? Will we be closed in like cattle and forced to nervously eat our sammiches together, or are we allowed out of the testing area?

Basically, can I sit in my car during lunch to avoid the nervous vibes or is there a certain area we'll be required to stay in? :confused:

You'd think I'd have more important things to worry about at this stage, but I can't find any information on this and I'd like to know!

Good luck to you all and don't forget your:

Admission Ticket
    Identification (Passport or Driver's License)
    Pens (blue or black ink)
    Pencils
    Eraser

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

While we're on that - if we bring our own lunch, where can we keep it? Will there be any locker or anything we can put our lunch in? Since we're not allowed to bring it in the exam hall with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

I definitely read that there are no facilities to safely store belongings, so just bring a bag with your lunch and nothing valuable in it. I imagine bags will be dumped outside of the exam hall willy nilly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 strangeweather

You can leave the test centre for lunch, if you are in RCSI and the weather is nice, Stephen's Green park is a good spot to eat. Maybe have a little stroll. Last year I sat outside and had a chat & laugh with a couple of people I knew but I know a lot of people prefer to be alone.

You leave your bags outside the exam hall, there are no lockers. They're all just thrown in a pile.

And try to be calm! Last year there were people crying, and a few that got up and left or didn't come back after lunch. All you can do is your best on the day, it can go badly for even the most prepared person, you will do better if you are calm. Don't forget it is not the end of the world, you can do it again and again so don't worry.

Good luck everyone :)

That's great, thanks strangeweather! :) And you're totally right. A calm, positive mindset can be the difference between doing great or doing badly.

We're all different, but in my opinion the smartest thing to do is to keep to yourself (or stay with friends who aren't melodramatic) and don't pay any attention to boasting or crying individuals. It'll only psych you out and won't in any way help you with the beast that is section III.

Actually, let's just assume that people who cry midway through the exam are ACER confederates. Moles. Spies. Sabotagers. UNDERCOVER SLEUTHS! They want us to do badly, they want us to crumble with them.. and they want an annual installment of €300 from us. Well baby Jesus and all of the Patron Saints.. THEY HAVE MET THEIR MATCH! We won't fall for their sneaky tricks this year.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

Whats the story with phones and stuff? Do we just leave them in our bags?

• Advertisement

I think that's the only option unfortunately. You could of course smuggle it into the test room in your pocket, but I wouldn't risk that myself. Immediate disqualification if it went off I imagine.

In saying that, I read on Pagingdr.net (Aussie GAMSAT forum) that people who sat the test in Aus last year were permitted to bring their phones and wallets into the testing room and place them on the floor. This seems to conflict with ACER's strict policies though, so I don't know.

Advertisement