Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP - Migrate from CFW to OFW

• 20-03-2013 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Yes another oddball request {by this forums mandate}, but has anyone got any info on how to move from PSP CFW to OFW? I have two PSP's, both on CFW...I want to now have one stock & useable with an SEN account so looking for info on how/if it can be done? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Should moving from CFW to OFW be as easy as putting the version of OFW you want on a memory card (with the correct folder setup) and selecting update from the menu? This should work for last firmware I'd say.

I've only gone to CFW on my ancient PSP so not 100% sure but I presume all sony architecture runs the same way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Should moving from CFW to OFW be as easy as putting the version of OFW you want on a memory card (with the correct folder setup) and selecting update from the menu? This should work for last firmware I'd say.

I've only gone to CFW on my ancient PSP so not 100% sure but I presume all sony architecture runs the same way!

I'm really not too sure, given its only a handheld its prob that simple yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm really not too sure, given its only a handheld its prob that simple yeah.

From Sony themselves
    You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
    System Update »
    Update using the PSP® system's [System Update] feature.

Update using a PC »
    Download the update data to a PC, and then save on Memory Stick™ media or system storage. Start the saved update data on your PSP® system to perform the update.

Update using a UMD™ »
    Use the update data included on a UMD™ to perform the update.*

Taken from http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psp/index.htm where you can find the lastest OFW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

From Sony themselves

Cheers, I suppose its the same on PS3 going from cfw to ofw, you just simply update. Will give it a go :)

Advertisement