Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer stocking Roedale Moderators

Options
  • 20-03-2013 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Lads any of your local dealers stocking roedale moderators, im looking for a 14mm spigit end for mine.

Thanks LB

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Don't know if he stocks them but Edi Graf does or can get Roedale mods. At least i think he can.

Give him a shout.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Cass wrote: »
    Don't know if he stocks them but Edi Graf does or can get Roedale mods. At least i think he can.

Give him a shout.
    I bought it off Edi ,but he is not stocking them now,I know roedale take ages to complete orders ,i don't want to sell the roedale as it is the best mod i have used or seen being used but my new 243 has been recrowned and threaded M14 so i dont want to chop it and get it re-done in 1/2 " unf
    It would be handy to get the M14 spigit attachment but i am having trouble getting it

lb1981 wrote: »
    ................. but my new 243 has been recrowned and threaded M14 ..............
    Not to state the obvious or be a dick, but did you buy the rifle this way or the mod after you got it done. I only ask because it being threaded for M14 when the mod is 1/2" is odd.
    ......... so i dont want to chop it and get it re-done in 1/2 " unf...........
    Just throwing it out there. M14 is 14 mm. 1/2" unf is 12.7mm with different thread pitch. Would it not be possible to have the threading of the M14 removed, and rethreaded to 1/2" or is it too close to do it?
    It would be handy to get the M14 spigit attachment but i am having trouble getting it
    Perhaps it could be made. Should not be that difficult.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

No the mod was on my 223 but i traded it in for a 243 got a excellent deal so i wasnt going to crib over the thread size , i thought i would be able to just buy the M14 bottom piece that screws away from the baffles for the roedale that they do sell separate and have a mod that would do a 1/2" unf and M14 ...........
    Gotcha.
    ........ sounds simple right?......
    Famous last words.
    Roedale wont even return emails and sportsman gun center are waiting ages on orders from them.
    This was, and presumably still is an ongoing problem with them. there was a thread here some years back about the delays, and Pete Lincoln replied. I read it, and understand the man's position, but at the same time felt more for the people that ordered, and waited for over 18 months with no reply or progress on their orders. I mean if you are swamped or having issues that affect your business then stop taking orders to give yourself time to catch up. Also there is a "shot show" coming up/just happened, and most dealers, etc are/were attending it so probably not a great time to get a response.
    M14 has a pitch of 2mm so that brings it down to 12 mm on the depth of the thread, have checked it with a screw pitch gauge and it is undercut so its even deeper,you could turn it back and re do it in 1/2" unf but some of the old thread would be on the surface so it would look ****e and the mod might pick up slightly on the old thread when screwing it on .
    Was thinking the pitch of the M14 was 1.5 which would have still ruled it out, but had to ask.
    I might still get it chopped back and redone but i was tying to see if i could by the m14 attachment first.
    I would still look into getting one made. I mean if gunsmiths can make mods, breaks, and all other items that require such precise machining i see no reason, other than they don't want to, why they could not machine one.

I can understand your reluctance if one could be bought easily, but as that seems to be a no-go for the moment i would start to make a few calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Straight into the local engineers LB. Give em the original spig and tell em you want a new one of such a thread..

Get it made in Alu for about 50 quid id say.

Love my roedale. I must get done to edi to sort him bobs for it.. Haven't been home in a while now due to work.

'hdz

• Advertisement

You Having a laugh Hedz , they wouldn't turn the lathe on for 50 quid:D
    Im a fitter /turner by trade but the lathe in work is a dirt box with no four jaw chuck so i cant make it ,it needs to be put up on a dividing head as there are holes drilled on the inside for gas expulsion that are evenly spaced apart on the pcd.
    We use some high precision machine shops in work as i work in pharma all the parts are high spec and super finishes but i know from getting stuff made up that would cost me the guts of 400 euro as a "nixer" .I say i might have a better chance of a decent gun smiths making one up that wont rape me on the price or just get the rifle redone in 1/2 " unf, i thought i could just buy the 14mm attachment from roedale and have it in a few weeks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

You Having a laugh Hedz , they wouldn't turn the lathe on for 50 quid:D
    Im a fitter /turner by trade but the lathe in work is a dirt box with no four jaw chuck so i cant make it ,it needs to be put up on a dividing head as there are holes drilled on the inside for gas expulsion that are evenly spaced apart on the pcd.
    We use some high precision machine shops in work as i work in pharma all the parts are high spec and super finishes but i know from getting stuff made up that would cost me the guts of 400 euro as a "nixer" .I say i might have a better chance of a decent gun smiths making one up that wont rape me on the price or just get the rifle redone in 1/2 " unf, i thought i could just buy the 14mm attachment from roedale and have it in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Anyone in the uk doing them as an off the shelf part ? You mightn't be the only one in the same boat.

rowa wrote: »
    Anyone in the uk doing them as an off the shelf part ? You mightn't be the only one in the same boat.
    Have googled it, sportsman do sell what im looking for and roedale do make it ,thats why i thought it wouldnt be much hassle, but they are waiting on orders from roedale for months,il probably get the barrel redone,i want to keep the mod and it would be handy that i can change it between 1/2" and 14mm,if i like.

There is a lad on the UKVarminting site that does quality, precision stuff. He does bag riders for AICS stocks, adaptors for bipods, etc. All "one off" kinda stuff.

If you cannot get someone here, and ordering it through the companies above is a non runner perhaps give him a shout.

I'll find his name, and get back to you. He may or may not even do it, but no harm to ask. Plus from what i can see he doesn't charge much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 roedale

Guys Sportsman should have moderators on shelf they are the UK distributor. They have plenty of mods as we've sent several hundred lately and they recieve a monthly supply, ther should be no need for any lengthy waiting, except maybe for a one off. M14x1 Spigoted isn't a size they specified for in thier orders as 15x1 Spigoted is more popular in the UK, but they may still have some from earlier orders. If not we do have M14x1 and M17x1 spigoted rear ends here on shelf if you would like to contact us directly.
    Mods can be sourced in Ireland directly from us. We are happy to supply any RFD or Individual appart from in the UK as Sportsmans are the contact point there. We have put huge efforts into ensuring our moderators are available, and they are available off shelf in most cases now and thats the way it will stay.
    regards Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Try Jap engineering in Carlow, quality tradesman, & a shooter, did a beaut of a treading job on my remmy for a mod, Tom is a gent and treads for a lot of shops apart from his engineering works.

Ok lads i got this opened back up to clear up a few things in the thread.Pete Lincon from roedale emailed me and couldnt be more helpfull,i was talking to the man today and he deserves a break.
    He has moderators and parts on the shelf so if anybody is looking for one of the best mods out there give him a shout on info@roedale.de.
    He is sending the parts over to Edi Graff in the morning.
    Thanks to Pete and Edi for all their help today.

Good stuff. Glad you got sorted, and well done to Roedale for clearing this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Lads, can I ask if anyone has compared the noise reduction from the Roedale to the T8?
    Cheers

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    Lads, can I ask if anyone has compared the noise reduction from the Roedale to the T8?
    Cheers
    Roedale is more silent than the T8,tested both.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

The only mod I noticed a real difference against was a wildcat. But I must go side by side some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verminator

Anyone planning on dealing with Roedale Precision,my advise is to dont bother.
    Paid for a mod back in april which was supposed to be on shelf and delivered to my house in 3 days.
    Plenty email contact up until mod was paid for.Suddenly all lies about posting 2 times and they getting lost.wont give me tracking details so pete lincoln never posted.
    Now he too busy to answer emails.Worst business i ever dealt with.
    No business should be allowed to operate this way.
    So advice is find some other reputible business

Advertisement