Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb and Extending of Semi-D... Help!

Options
  • 20-03-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi There,
    Hopefully I can get some help here, Im new to this building stuff. We live in a standard semi-d in Dublin, built in the 1930s, and are planning a refurb and extension job. It's a 2 storey extension, so includes extending the hip roof over the extension. The current property is approx 100 sqm, and the extension would be a further 90sqm. We could also consider converting the attic, (price permitting) there is plently of headroom.

So I want to get some prices that will help with designing in a practical manner. Effectively I have a budget, and while that cant move, the design can.

So first I'm trying to put together a list of works that need to be done, with the intention of hopefully getting feedback on A) whether I have everything, and B) how much we might expect to pay, and the most cost effective way to approach the different jobs (e.g. recommended heating systems/window suppliers/etc.).

- Demolish existing garage
    - Remove designated internal load bearing walls in current house
    - Build foundations for New Extension & Replace current suspended floor with cement floor (our architect has recommneded this replacement, not entirely sure if it is necessary?)
    - Blockwork to new extension
    - Extension of roof work
    - Install heating system. Currently considering:
    - solar power with suitable backup heater
    - stove with back boiler
    - Install underfloor/rad heating
    - Replace external windows and doors, and add windows and doors to new extension
    - Add dry lining insulation to existing house
    - Add new internal walls to current house
    - Rewiring 1st Fix
    - Modify Staircase
    - Replace internal doors
    - Plastering
    - Installation of Kitchen
    - Installation of bathrooms
    - Rewiring 2nd Fix
    - Finishing

Thanks in advance for any help... PMs of recommendations welcome.
    Regards,
    Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Around E160K +/- 10%.

Advertisement